The Psychosocial Assessment Questionnaire

pinkjellybean
on 7/1/11 2:29 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I don't know if it's common practice at all of the hospitals but at TWH orientation they gave me a series of questionnaires as a part of the psychosocial assessment - I've actually seen many of them before in my line of work but I'm a little caught off guard by the questions about my sex life!  Could your feelings about your sexual performance contribute to your denial/approval of surgery?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Kelshy
on 7/1/11 9:55 pm - Cannifton, Canada
disclaimer : this is just my opinion

No I don't think it would affect your denial / approval. But they do have a longitudinal study going on with the 5 year follow-ups and I believe we will end up answering the same questionnaire or something similar at least one more time down the road. 

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

Leslie W.
on 7/1/11 11:35 pm - Cobourg, Canada
Many of the questionnaires are use for their research on the effects of obesity and weight loss. I don't believe they would deny you based on your answers. More if an issue is identified they will work with you to deal with it so we can be a success.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
PatXYZ
on 7/3/11 11:00 am
The Psycho-Social questionnaire for TWH is for strictly academic purposes. In the package there should be a note about the study and the Ph.D student doing it. I don't think the team even sees the results, it goes straight to the student (when you see the Psych if he thinks its neccesary he can always ask you to do some scales then). I think they just want to have us do the same questionnaire in a couple of years to see how life now compares to life then. I think us having more sex after surgery would be considered a benefit in our 'quality of life' comparison, so its relevant as an outcome :)
Most Active
Recent Topics