Vitamin Question

pinkjellybean
on 7/5/11 1:16 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I am going to the pharmacy today to get myself onto a multivitamin - I have never taken one of these aside from when I was pregnant. 

Is a regular multivitamin acceptable for now or is there something I can take that will help my body get a little boost pre-surgery?

Any recs?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Mary A.
on 7/5/11 2:46 am
I am sur eyou will get all kinds of responses..multi vitamins are great but post-surgery your needs will change...and you may need additional vitamins such as iron or vitamin D...

some people I have heard take maternity vitamins, other take X brand..my surgeon stressed that I take a Bariatric formulated vitamin for best results  and a calcium citrate, as well as additional vitamin D.

but that being said I am sur ethere are others that take (x) brand and have excellent labs.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

pinkjellybean
on 7/5/11 2:52 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Prenatal vitamins make me horribly constipated (tmi) because of the increase in iron/folate! 

I guess I'll just do a multi-vitamin and call it a day!   : )

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Monica M.
on 7/5/11 4:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
they do suggest that you take a multivite with iron in it. There are some nonconstipating formulas. Or make sure you add some fibre to your diet, either benefibre, or maybe a stool softener.

Most Active
Recent Topics