Thanks and clarification

Lisa3756
on 7/5/11 1:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi all!  First off I'd like to thank everyone for your support.  You truly are a great bunch and it made me feel better to have so much support and good wishes.  I am not giving up on the surgery, it was just such a huge blow going in expecting to sign consent forms and leaving being told I wasn't a good candidate.  I knew there was a slight chance that this might happen but like most of us I assumed it wouldn't happen to me.  I've had a few days to think about it and I'm doing better but still a little depressed at the amount of fight I will have to do still to get it done.

To clarify, I've had two surgeries on my stomach (the organ), I've also had a c-section and an appendectomy.  Those don't seem to be the problem.  I had a nisson fundoplication (sp?) done twice as the first time the problem wasn't solved.  This is where they take the upper part of the stomach and wrap it around the esophogus.  The surgeon would have to undo the previous surgery and he is worried that there will be too much scar tissue.  He's also worried that this will increase the risk of an esophogeal tear.  He says he has done surgery on people who have had this done once before but never on someone who has had it done twice.

Thanks again for everyone's support and advice. I wish I could give each and everyone of you a hug!    I'll keep you posted.
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
sam1am
on 7/5/11 1:20 am
I'm sure that there are other surgeons who would feel more comfortable or have more experience.

Hang in there and fight like a trooper!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

AllieInOntario
on 7/5/11 1:25 am
Dr Gagner out of Montreal is pure genius.  He has magic hands :)

PM me if you want his email.
Pick your surgery first, then your surgeon. Not the other way around.  
PS:... Potato chips should be a food group.

I'm tired of screwing with that damn health widget.
 I've lost 125 pounds to date!!!!
   And I'm UNDER 190 now!!! 

Karen M.
on 7/5/11 1:29 am - Mississauga, Canada
I'm so glad to see you back posting, Lisa.  You hang in there, we're all behind you! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Quinns_mommy
on 7/5/11 3:26 am
Yes Lisa... do keep us posted! Glad to see you back after a few days.

xoxo

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Monica M.
on 7/5/11 4:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

i agree with the someone who posted that there may be a surgeon with more experience who is willing to rise to the challenge. Keep fighting!!!!

we're behind you, no matter what!

linda11665
on 7/5/11 9:46 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Hi, I am so glad you are back on.....And not giving up hope.  The Dr. in montreal would be more then willing to do your surgery.  And OHIP will cover your surgery, because you have proven that the surgeon here might/will not do the surgery here.  And if you contact the dr in montreal, they will set up a appoitment with to explain the "how to" get ohip approval.

Glad your still fighting...

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance