optifast question

tango123
on 7/10/11 11:55 am
What else am I allowed to drink with optifast..i know sf jello...broth (what is the best brand) but what else?
I haven't received any info on what to drink with it. Nothing like the last minute seeing as I start tomorrow!!
smiley_k
on 7/10/11 12:03 pm
It really depends on your centre but I'm allowed to have water, sugar free decaf drinks like crystal light, sugar free kool-aid, decaf coffee and tea with no milk but you are allowed sweeteners. 

I also bought some popsicle moulds from the dollar store and make crystal light popsicles nomnom...

Good luck tomorrow!

Katie  ♥     

KristieA
on 7/10/11 12:12 pm - Orillia, Canada
Good luck tomorrow. They should have given you some info with Optifast or sometime through the process. If not I would check with the clinic. Each one is so different. As for broth, I made sure it was the low sodium one. Less calories too. The Lifestyle one at Metro is not too bad and Campbells makes a low sodium one too. I added hot sauce to mine to spice it up. Once my taste buds were burnt I didn't feel like eating anything else...lol.

Water will become a necessity post op, so I would suggest getting use to drinking it a lot now. I wasn't much of a water drinker, but post op I have become much more diligent.

Take care and hope all goes well.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Most Active
Recent Topics