What do you think?

Lisa3756
on 7/11/11 3:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
So after my disappointing news here in Ottawa, I email misgroup (thanks Dawn) explaining my cir****tances and outlining the reasons why Dr. Yelle doesn't want to do my surgery.  Two days later I received an email from them, with a message from Dr. Klein, saying that he would be willing to meet with me in his office.  I have an appointment with him on August 16th.  Do you think this is promising news?  Would he really have me come all the way from Ottawa just to tell me no?

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up.
Lisa

Referral sent 2010-03-02
Information session 2011-01-21
Appointment with the nurse 2011-02-17
Appointment with Diet/Behav 2011-03-09
Scope 2011-04-29
Education session 2011-05-04
CT Scan 2011-06-02
Appointment with Dr. Yelle 2011-06-28
Appointment with Dr. Klein 2011-08-16
Surgery - Hopefully!
Karen M.
on 7/11/11 3:54 am - Mississauga, Canada
I think it's great that he's willing to consider your case - very good news.  Unfortunately, it's not a guarantee that he can do it - have you had the Ottawa clinic send all of your info to Dr. Klein for his review?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/11/11 4:01 am - Windsor, Canada
It is not an outright no so it is indeed a promising thing but not a guarantee either. I think though that you have to try all options and if that doesn't lead you anywhere I would try to take your case to plead to see another experienced surgeon. One try at a time. I hope that this may work for you. I will keep my fingers crossed.....

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 4:03 am - Canada
That's promising!  I think it's great that they're willing to look at your case.  Good luck with the appt. in August. 

I know you dont want to get your hopes up just to be disappointed but I really believe if they didnt think they could at least consider it, they would've declined right away.
Cyndylw
on 7/11/11 4:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I would say promising, but at the same time don't get your hopes up to high, even though my would already be way past the moon and back....  

Also I would suggest that if he still says no, that maybe you could ask, if maybe a doctor at another centre would be willing. I am sure that there are other people who have had multiple stomach surgeries and were still able to have WLS

I hope it works out for you

Referal sent August 2009 - Referred to Ottawa - January 2010 - Surgery - July 29th 2011!!!!    
DeeCanada
on 7/11/11 4:34 am
Hi,
You have everything to gain by going. I think that the MIS group is far more experienced than Ottawa, and they are considered TOPS in Ontario.
I had a C-section 30 years ago and and a Hysterectomy about 20 years ago, so if it is adhesions they are looking at in your case, I would still go see them.
Just my opinion.

dee
sueberman
on 7/11/11 4:43 am
Dr Klein is a great man, and a great surgeon, very highly thought of.  I sure hope he can help you.  I would hope he wouldn't even be offering to see you if he didn't think he could help.  I can't wait to hear the outcome for you. 

Good Luck
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Cheryl Allan
on 7/11/11 5:35 am - Canada
As I said previously I went threw the same thing you did so when A different doc called me I didnt get my hopes up. Therefore when all he did was look at me and said it wont be a problem I cried and thanked him . never expect a yes so when you do get it it will be awesome Good Luck
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

Wendy E.
on 7/11/11 6:43 am - Gananoque, Canada
That's great news Lisa. I will keep my fingers crossed that this works out for you. Best of luck and keep us all posted.

Love Wendy
Mariann M.
on 7/11/11 8:38 am - Washago , Canada
While I was waiting in that office, last year,  I was talking to another woman who was there to this Doctor because no other surgon was willing to take her case( she had a previous gastric by pass 10 years earlier that really didn't work out for some reason )  but he was !!!! I have heard nothing but good things about this doctor and I am sure he will be able to help you. Wishing you all the best !!!!!