I finally have my picture up and my surgery date YIPPEE

bogie
on 7/13/11 1:03 am - Canada
Well after and long battle fought I finally have my surgery date of August 29th with Dr. Hong at St. Jos. Is anyone else going to be there having surgery at that time. I am very excited and terrified all at the same time. Mine will be a bit more complicated as they will be removing my gastric band (which I truly don't know where it is...its like I don't have one) and my gall bladder (I have had some brutal attacks and its full of stones) and perhaps a hiatus hernia if all goes well. As many of you know I was initially turned down due to early stage uterine/endometrial cancer that I had removed almost 2 1/2 yrs ago. My wonderful onclologist wrote a letter to Dr. Anvari pleading my case and reassuring them that I had a very low chance of reoccurence so I was finally approved. I have been trying to make some lifestyle changes over these last few months and have lost 21 lbs and have started to take my vitamins. BTW how do you put the info below your ticker such as HW' CW etc. So  I have been lurking here for some time now with the occasional post but plan to be much more active. Thanks to all of you out there especially all the veterans that tolerate all our newbie questions ;-))
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

KristieA
on 7/13/11 1:19 am - Orillia, Canada
That is fantastic news!! Sounds like you are in for a bit of a longer recovery, but will be totally worth it. Congrats and good luck on your journey.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Karen M.
on 7/13/11 1:21 am - Mississauga, Canada
Thrilled to hear that you're well AND that you have a surgery date!  Won't be long now :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

PatXYZ
on 7/13/11 1:31 am
Congrats! Which surgery will Dr. Hong be performing?
bogie
on 7/13/11 1:46 am - Canada
as far as I know it will be RNY unless there is a problem with scar tissue etc, when he gets in there. That is what I signed the consent for. Should I be requesting something else?
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

Nathalie_Can
on 7/13/11 2:51 am
Many obstacles you went through and you did it!  Great courage!  Good job!

Here's the info to insert more info under your health tracker....
Go to your account
If you are not in Settings, click settings tab on the left
Next to your avatar pic, you have tabs, click on Message Board
You will see the health tracker you have already done, in a box
Click inside that box, if it selects the health tracker, arrow over to the right until you are at the very end in that box, press enter and it will bring you to a line under and from there you can add all info you wish.
Don't forget to save!!

Hope it helps but if you are having problems, let me know where exactly and I'll try to help!

~Nathalie~

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

bogie
on 7/13/11 3:23 am - Canada
Thanks Nathalie I was able to finally do it. Now how do I add my surgeon and surgery date below my avatar?
bogie    

Nathalie_Can
on 7/13/11 3:44 am
Alright, I just figured it out...lol

in your Account, click on My Journey
Add a Surgery
There you will be able to select RNy if that's your kind and then date and then surgeon, once you enter the surgeon, it will take about 5-10 seconds to find your doc, then you choose it from the list it will provide you
click Primary
and voila!!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

bogie
on 7/13/11 5:46 am - Canada
Thanks Nathalie I had done it all but had not clicked primary )
bogie    

PatXYZ
on 7/13/11 6:45 am
Oh, no, I didn't mean to imply anything, I just know that Dr. Hong is one of the surgeons who performs multiple bariatric procedures (RNY, VSG, DS, etc), whereas some of the surgeons perform only one or two of those so I thought you might have been specifically referred to him for that reason. Good luck with your surgery!
Most Active
Recent Topics