Best Decision Ever

pinkjellybean
on 7/15/11 12:19 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
It is now nearly 2 weeks without any diet coke and....;

SERIOUSLY?

I can't believe how great I feel.  I didn't realize how crappy I felt drinking all that garbage!!  Now that the caffeine withdrawal has worn out I find that I am snacking less and have more energy overall.  I can't believe the things I told myself to justify my need for the countless litres of diet coke I've pumped into my body!  

Best thing is.....I've lost three pounds since I gave up diet coke!!

I have to say there was a moment where I thought - what am I doing....my surgery isn't until the fall so why don't I just let myself enjoy the diet coke through the summer and give it up in September but gosh I am so happy I didn't wait!

I have on two occasions had a can of arizona ice tea with lemon but in those two weeks that is all the caffeine I've had!

Just giving myself a little cyber pat on the back!  Thanks for listening : )

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Bonnie ABC
on 7/15/11 12:23 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
In two weeks it'll be three years since these lips kissed a diet or regular pop of any sort.  I am also grateful, and I'm alive, you will be too :)

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Diminishing Dawn
on 7/15/11 12:26 am - Windsor, Canada
Yay YOU! :) :)

Anything that makes us feel better is an awesome thing!  What a great victory for you.

Enjoy!!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 12:32 am - Toronto, Canada
 Amazing, fantastic, great post.  So inspiring!  congrats..from a fellow former diet coke drinker...day 8 diet coke free! (and all pop, but diet coke was the only thing that I ever wanted to drink)
Joyce J.
on 7/15/11 12:41 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Awesome, congrats, good for you

Keep up the good work, you are starting out on the right foot

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Sweet C.
on 7/15/11 12:47 am - Woodslee, Canada
That is awesome I didnt have the same will power as you did i drank pop until i started my optifast.. I havent had any since then and its great I have tried it once and was like ewwww i actually craved this crap..

Congrats on the 3lbs

happypants
on 7/15/11 12:49 am - Ottawa, Canada
wow and cold turkey too!  Keep up the good work and
Congratulations!!!

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Nathalie_Can
on 7/15/11 12:50 am
Awesome feeling isn't it?  These lips haven't touched it since February 1st, 2011 and very glad...the only thing that it was doing for me is a bloating feeling, never felt bloated since then.  Thank goodness for Crystal Light!!  lmao

Well done pink!
~Nathalie~

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Geri T.
on 7/15/11 1:15 am - Blenheim, Canada
Good for you.  Remember as hard as it is at time, we do need to put ourselves first when it comes to our health and do what is right for us.

Its all about taking baby steps

Geri

sam1am
on 7/15/11 3:03 am
 It really reiterates just how bad it is for you!

Congratulations!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics