TWH Support Group - Anyone going this week?

pinkjellybean
on 7/18/11 7:30 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
It's official I'm going to my first support group this week!  So exciting!

It's this Wednesday at 7pm sharp....anyone else coming?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 9:35 am - Toronto, Canada
 I want to go, but it depends on if I can get child care and if the group is open to people who haven't even gone to orientation yet.  I'm still waiting for my letter to get the ball officially rolling.
Can anyone just drop in, or do you have to be part of the program and rsvp your attendance?
PatXYZ
on 7/18/11 9:46 am
I started going three months before my orientation. As long as your referral has gone in to TWH, you're welcome there!
honourh
on 7/18/11 10:47 am - BARRIE, Canada
I will be there for sure...haven't been for a few months and miss it :)

If you have not been to the TWH group yet, it is worth it (in my opinion).  Considering I drive 1.5 hours each way for a 1.5 hour meeting...I think that says it all!!  The SW, NUT, and Psych are always there, as well as people at every stage in the process.
~ Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become ~        

Consult  254.8lbs  Surg.  220lbs NUT Goal 140lbs
  My Goal 127lbs   REACHED!!                
Leanne1
on 7/18/11 9:53 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I think I might come to this too :)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

pinkjellybean
on 7/18/11 10:50 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Awesome!!  I'll be there : )  I'm really shy in new social settings but I'm sure I'll warm up.

Question:  Is the support group just for people having the surgery or is it for their spouses also?

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

honourh
on 7/19/11 9:39 am - BARRIE, Canada
Your spouse/partner is welcome...I have been to a few meetings where there were friends/support people/spouses/family there too...the more the merrier...I am sure the Team at TWH would encourage it...the more support we have, the more successful we will likely be!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Dana
~ Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become ~        

Consult  254.8lbs  Surg.  220lbs NUT Goal 140lbs
  My Goal 127lbs   REACHED!!                
Most Active
Recent Topics