Had to call the clinic today- re: Optifast

Wlxtn
on 7/18/11 11:25 am - Orillia, Canada
I am day 8 with my Optifast and just not getting any better so I decided to call Guelph for help. They were fantastic! The dietician imediately called Dr. Jules, explained my symptoms, and called me right back.
Apparently after the first couples of days I should not have dizzy spells, migraines, weakness, nausea and the runs. Dr. Jules has ordered me off Optifast and on to Boost Diabetic. They think it may be an allergy to aspertain.
I will never surrender to this challenge. I will not sabatoge my surgery. Will switch to Boost.
I just wanted to post how fast you get help when there are issues. I was amazed.
Wendy Luxton    
JJ_
on 7/18/11 11:51 am
Good to hear Wendy that Dr. Jules took immediate action, and you are still on the road to surgery.

Hope you feel better soon.

Judy
sam1am
on 7/18/11 11:52 am
I'm glad that  you checked with them!  I thought it may be an allergy as the reaction was lasting too long.  Good for you for not surrendering and I hope the Boost is much better for you!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Nathalie_Can
on 7/18/11 11:58 am
I hope you are feeling better on Boost.

Glad that you posted this thread because for us that haven't gone on OF yet, this will help readers if we have the same symtoms.....will say "hmmmm, Maybe like Wlxtn, I'm reasting to aspertain"....lol...and call our NP.

Love this forum for that, someone might post something just for the fun of it but helping others without knowing.

Thanks
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

TBIYTC
on 7/19/11 3:04 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Good job Wendy.  We all need to be reminded to call the clinic when there are problems, and hear about the excellent response.  I hope you now have the "boost" you need (sorry, I really couldn't help myself).

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Wlxtn
on 7/19/11 7:15 am - Orillia, Canada
Thanks for the replies.

Send encouraging words around the globe. Pay it forward all the time. Someone will always benefit.
I love reading the posts and learning from others.

Take care all.
Wendy Luxton    
Most Active
Recent Topics