This heat....and exersice.

KelliT
on 7/18/11 1:08 pm

Well I won't complain about the heat cause winter is way to long.....I am just building up to running and very proud of that I am up to about 2 kms per run....but today was just way to hot ... but I still did run 1km so I am still very pleased with myself!!!  I have marked 1/2 km from my house, so every time I run there and back its 1 km, this way I can judge the distance....I would love some type of gagett you can were that counts the distance instead of the steps??

Sher1ock
on 7/18/11 1:27 pm - Canada
 lots of pedometers have various modes so that after you set it up, it can calculate distance as well as steps.  If you have a smartphone,  there may be apps that help as well, using the GPS function on the phone.  My eventual treat for myself will be a FitBit, which I think can do distances.

Tracey P.
on 7/18/11 1:43 pm - Canada
Hello...Kellit

That is wonderful the your running. I have started,but it;s a little show. I got an email from Preventing magazine. They where having a promotion on there new idea, that they want to promote and give out free heart monitor and how many steps you take in a day.  Hope that will help you.

Tracey

GD6
on 7/18/11 10:50 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I've used map my run and the loops feature on Livestrong to plot out my walking/hiking/running routes and it gives you the distance.
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

KelliT
on 7/19/11 12:20 am
thanks so much

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 11:23 pm, edited 7/18/11 11:24 pm - Guelph, Canada
KelliT
on 7/19/11 12:20 am
i will give it a try!

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/19/11 12:24 am - Windsor, Canada
When you have the extra cash and want a new toy, go to a runningg site/store or sports store and get a gps running watch . It's basically a watch that marks your time , pace, calories burned, distance, maps out your route etc. Mine is pretty cool and has a heart rate monitor. I can post it all online. Quite a neat gadget

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics