Hurts to drink

tango123
on 8/10/11 11:33 am
I am 2.5 weeks out....
I have no idea whats going on but my pouch can not tolerte water at all, and when I add crystal light I can sip one every 10 minutes. I am getting very thirsty. I am very burpy and gasy. I have tqken gas x but didnt do much. I am still taking  stool softner with the odd lax a day.
Food goes down but sits like a rock. I eat a tbsp of something but then get such an overwhelming full feeling! I am getting very frustrated!!!
Could this be a stricture or do I need an antacid?
Sweet C.
on 8/10/11 11:45 am - Woodslee, Canada
I was the same way and was told to just stick to liquids and try to get as much in as possible BUT I was also told to call the nurse and the center i went to just to make sure. so please dont leave this and call ur nurse to see what she says.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 12:04 pm
I had the same problem with water. Apple juice went down easier, very strange. The doctor gave me a prescription for Prevacid. It has helped. Hang in there, it gets better.
Cindy
HeatherL39
on 8/10/11 8:27 pm - MI
Wow it seems like your pre-op education left a lot out. The gassy and burpy thing is normal. Just sip your fluids. TRY really hard to get you protein in and stick to fluids. Have you tried Miralax yet for the constipation? I swear by it.

Hang in there
Heather
ericaFG
on 8/10/11 9:01 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Try different temperature liquids. I could only drin**** cold, but my surgery sister could only drink hot.

Try warm water with lemon, herbal tea, something like that and see if it helps.

And a few teas of food filling you up is normal at this point. That's what you paid for!!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics