protein drink suggestions

tango123
on 8/16/11 9:13 am
So I have been TRYING to drink the premiere preotein drinks from Costco. They are good but I am  not a chocolate fan. I just want a plai vanilla drink that doesn't taste like cardboard or aspertame. Any suggestions??
Kerry F.
on 8/16/11 9:50 am - Bolton, Canada
I have yet to find a vanilla shake that doesn't make me retch.  However....as recommended by several on this board, I now use a whey protein powder made by Weider (found at Shoppers Drug Mart) that tastes just like peach juice.  Dee-lish!

Kerry

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson   

Pat-60
on 8/16/11 10:20 am
I like the Premier Protein for chocolate and for vanilla I get Biox Xtreme Power Whey Complex from Popeyes.  It isn't too sweet but still tastes good. You can still flavour it with a tsp of decaf coffee or syrup.

Premier        Biox
Calories     160              130
Fat              3 gm           1.5 gm
Carbs         5 gm            3 gm
Fibre           3 gm            0
Sugar         1 gm             2 gm
Protein       30 gm          35 gm 
Nov 29/10   Referred to St Josephs Hamilton
Dec 6/10    Orientation
Mar 9/11     Nurse, Dietician & Social Worker
Mar 31/11   Internest
May 26/11  Surgeon & pre-surgery class
JULY 11/11  VSG, hernia repair by  Dr Mehran Anvari
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/11 9:48 pm - Canada
 you should consider the EAS whey powder.

23g of protein per scoop.  the chocolate one is good.  not too overpowering with sweet.  the vanilla one is fine too but i prefer my chocolate.

when we go over to the states i usually buy 4 5pound bags at a time.  30 bucks per bag is magical :D
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 12:02 am
I use Isopure. It is a water based grape flavoured drink. 60 cal. and 15 grams of protein. I liked the Premier shake before surgery but since I can not handle it!
onehotmom
on 8/17/11 12:26 am
where can you buy the isopure?
A.    
Most Active
Recent Topics