So I'm home

cscharlie
on 8/20/11 10:38 am
what a time....

Surgery Tuesday with the wonderful Dr. Sullivan and his wonderful crew.  not feeling so great Tuesday and Wednesday, fever wed night and bp and heart  rate unbelievably high.  Thursday morning they have to take me back into surgery to remove  blood clot, irregate like crazy and straighten out a kink in the bowel.  Finally discharged today.  Am sore,tired and oh so glad to be home.  I'm covered in bruises from iv's, blood testing and blood heparin shots.  And if you asked me if knowing all that  was going to happen would I do it again... yes, I would do it again.  I wouldn't mind to bypass some of the worst of it,  but really, isn't it all just part of the process?

so looking forward to the next step....purees!
Brenda

now onto living!
jthompson593
on 8/20/11 11:08 am
 Keep up a positive attitude. And you're right, it's so worth it! I am almost 3 months out and almost down 50 lbs since starting OPTIFAST in April.

Nathalie_Can
on 8/20/11 11:47 am
what a journey but very happy you are home and feeling better!

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Cheryl D.
on 8/20/11 12:21 pm - Toronto, Canada
Wow you've sure been through a lot.  I'm glad you're doing well now and you're back home.  Welcome to the bench and to your NEW healthier life!

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

on_my_way2011
on 8/20/11 1:20 pm - Canada
Glad you are on the mend.  Dr. Sullivan is my surgeon too.  He seemed really nice...I am going to see him Wednesday for the second time.

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

stewartjackie
on 8/20/11 2:12 pm - Pickering, Canada
 Wow, love your attitude, I had surgery on the 8th and had some serious complications and didn't leave hospital until the 15th, but now I feel great, and the bruising is covering so many of the colours of the rainbow!
Keep smiling and keep moving forward.

TBIYTC
on 8/20/11 3:18 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
So glad to hear you are feeling much better.  That must have been a real "fun" couple of days.  Let's hope it smooth sailing, and big losing from here on.  An attitude like yours will surely bring blissful success!!!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Susanne S.
on 8/20/11 10:16 pm - London, Canada
Glad you are home and on the mend now. Great attitude!

aprilbennett1965
on 8/20/11 11:29 pm - Canada
Welcome home Charlie. Hopefully it will be smooth or should I say pureed sailing from here on out!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

sam1am
on 8/21/11 2:35 am
 Welcome home and welcome to the bench!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One