LOTS...going on

Kristina1987
on 8/26/11 3:40 pm - Canada
Well it has been sometime since I have posted, I have been very busy with my new lifestyle and just life in itself. I am 7weeks post-op and have lost about 44lbs, I am down from a size 24 to a 16, and a 3xl top to an xl-old navy top...Things seem to be coming along very well for me I am super happy and just doing fabulous...

However, my relationship with my fiance seems to be suffering and coming to an end, I feel attractive and feel as though I am interested in other men. I no longer feel sexually attracted to my partner and find that I do love him, but I am no longer in love with him. However, these feelings were starting to creep up prior to surgery but I thought it was my mind playing games...now I find myself caught between a rock and a hard place... We do have a bit of a rocky path and perhaps I am being selfish but *****aly knows...

Not sure what else to say. Thanks  for listening.
Jennifer D.
on 8/26/11 4:32 pm
Hi Kristina. I am listening but don't have first hand experience with this although I have seen it many times on the Board. I know you're not the only one, I'm sure others will chime in.
stewartjackie
on 8/27/11 12:41 am - Pickering, Canada
 When I met with  my surgeon, he told me 30% of relationships end after WLS. When I thought about it, it makes sense. If we are caught up in the negative cycle of overeating, I look bad already, another big mac won't matter and we feel very badly about ourselves we are very different people. I am only 3 weeks post op and can feel my confidence growing. I'm putting on makeup again and making much more of an effort with myself. 
All of that said, you have to decide if the changes in you are enough to end the relationship, remembering that it is much easier to get out of an engagement than a marriage.
You may want to give it some time and not make a hasty decision, but in the end, you have to do what is best for YOU, no one else can do that for you.
Take care,
Jackie

Megan M.
on 8/27/11 2:41 am - Canada
You're not the first person of late to post about these relationship issues.  Bottom line, we all have a right to find happiness and be happy.  Good luck as you continue your journey.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

TBIYTC
on 8/27/11 2:47 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I'd just like to chime in and say - congrats on the weight loss and size changes!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/27/11 5:31 am - Windsor, Canada
Think of it this way: leaving him now is much easier in all respect (to both you and him) if you do it now rather than after actually getting married. 

If that is what you need to do, then do it.  You have to make yourself a priority in all respects. Better now than later.

Take care of yourself,

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics