In less than 36 hours my life will change forever!!!

bogie
on 8/27/11 11:46 am - Canada
I can't believe in less than 36 hrs I will be in the operating room. It has been a long journey as many of you know I was initially denied surgery and had to fight to get approved. I am done optifast (not too bad...I doctored it up LOL)and on clear fluids. For the last 2 weeks I have been studying for my first real estate exam (I planned it that way so I didn't spend all the time thinking about surgery and stressing about it). I wrote the exam this morning at Mohawk College and think I did well . So now I am focusing on putting the finishing touches on my suitcase list...getting lots of popsicles, broth etc. Tomorrow I will be cleaning the house so I can come home to a nice clean and tidy house. I am trying not to get too nervous but I am sure I will have my moments as it gets closer. I know it is normal to feel this way. I will just be glad to be on the other side and have it behind me and get to the business of starting my new life. I really want to thank everyone here for answering all my questions and supporting me along the way. I hope I can be some help to others as I work towards my "veteran statis" A special thanks to my angels Connie and Leanne....my husband will be either calling or texting them and they will let you all know how I'm doing. All support and prayers will be appreciated.
bogie    
HW 305.5  Optifast 290 SW  276.5  CW 249 GW 148  My angels are Connie and Leanne

look_out_world
on 8/27/11 12:54 pm - Canada
 WOW bogie!!! You sure sound like you're more than prepared to begin your new life!!!   Wish I had been as motivated and organized as you are.

I wish you all good wishes for your upcoming surgery.  In no time at all you'll be back with us and asking a bajillion questions just like we all did after our surgeries lol.  

I will keep you in my prayers.  

joanne_1970
on 8/27/11 3:21 pm - Harriston, Canada
Good luck! 
Your alot more organized them I am. LOL  My surgery is Thurs so guess I still have some time

Tanya T.
on 8/27/11 8:56 pm
Best of Luck to you.  You are going to do great and in the very best hands in Hamilton. The staff before, during and after are the greatest I have ever dealt with.  Moving down on the bench so you can join us.
So here's to an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery!!

Tanya

Susanne S.
on 8/27/11 8:57 pm - London, Canada
All the best to you and a speedy recovery

Typoqueen
on 8/27/11 10:00 pm
Best of luck to you!!
Speedy recovery
Kelly

Monica M.
on 8/27/11 10:47 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's awesome!!! you're going to love this journey you're on. I'm looking forward to hearing all your wow's and omg's coming up!!

me_and_da_boyz
on 8/27/11 11:00 pm - Canada
Yeah!!!  So excited for you.  It has been a long road, but just hours until the real adventure starts!  I hope that all goes well and look forward to hearing from you once you're on the other side!

Hugs,
Heather

Carole1974
on 8/28/11 12:02 am - Welland, Canada
Hi You will do great and be home in no time at all :) Best of Luck to you Im gonna scoot over and make room for you on the bench  Take Care

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

Ready-for-change
on 8/28/11 12:30 am - Hamilton, Canada
I'm getting a sense of the feelings you're going through as my big date is in a couple of weeks.  I'll most definitely remember you in prayer.  Happy house cleaning tomorrow and all the best for a terrific surgery.  You'll do fine and I look forward to your posts.

Most Active
Recent Topics