day one - attempting the 5 day pouch test

KelliT
on 8/29/11 1:40 am
Wish me luck, I just feel plateau'd, so I figured this is worth a shot.

KelliT
on 8/29/11 2:44 am
So far so good, I have had one protien drink and one gardennay red peper soup....lots of water, not hungrey yet, but hate the feeling of knowing I can't eat, mind over matter I guess...

KelliT
on 8/29/11 4:43 am
2:45 update - still going well up to - two protien drinks and one gardennay red peper soup....lots of water

jthompson593
on 8/29/11 5:26 am
 What's the food menu look like for this pouch test? And when do people normally start this, like how long after they had surgery? I've saw this mentioned a few times before.

KelliT
on 8/29/11 6:10 am
http://5daypouchtest.com/

This the link, I am not sure when exactly you should do it, but I am 9 months out and have been the same weight for 20 days, I run and run and run, my doc says not to worry about the scale my body is changing and building muscell from all the running, but seriously, I need the scale to move, so it can't hurt.....hope this helps.

Moselle
on 8/29/11 7:08 am - Athens, Canada
Just curious if you purchased the kit online? Are you doing it just to try and kick start your weight loss again or were you having other issues? I would have thought that with all the exercise that you are doing that you would be gaining muscle so I'm not surprised that your wl has slowed.  We were pretty close to the same weight going into this and my surgery was 2 weeks after yours. I'm still losing but much slower now and I plateau every couple of weeks but my only formal exercise is walking so I'm not gaining muscle.

I look forward to hearing how the pouch test goes so I'll be watching for your updates.  Good luck.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

KelliT
on 8/29/11 7:27 am
Thanks for commenting!! we are close, I have been stuck at 97 pounds lost for 20 days and I know I am gaining muscle and my body is changing because I had to put a new hole in my belt, but I want to be at 100 lbs lost and need to see the scale move, I travel with my family and friends so much at this time of year of couse there is a little cheat here and there so....I am trying it!! what they hey!!

KelliT
on 8/29/11 7:37 am
5:40 update - suprised how good I feel still, not to bad at all  - two protien drinks and one gardennay red peper soup and 1 Gardennay cream of asparagus soup....lots of water

Most Active
Recent Topics