OMG This Throwing Up HAS GOT TO STOP...

Allyson A.
on 8/30/11 9:03 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
As most of you know I had a stricture a few weeks ago and low and behold the damn thing is back again.   Started yesterday again around 12:30 pm and I have been up all night.  Can only get 10-15 mins sleep here and there cos as soon as I lay down up more comes.  I have an appointment for the 26th of Sept to get it fixed again, but not sure I can wait that long.  Will have to try and get some fluids in today and see if I can hold them.  If not then I will have to call and get in earlier.

I know  things will get better, but hard to see that when your head is stuck in a bucket yakkin all the time.    LOL  

HW 318  SW 291 

Brenda T.
on 8/30/11 9:10 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Aww sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well today. :(  I don't know what a stricture is, I have more research to do, lol
Take care.
Monica M.
on 8/30/11 9:19 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Brenda, a stricture is actually a fairly common complication, but really easy to fix. It's when the opening from the stomach into the intestine (that the surgeon makes new) becomes too small, and its difficult for even fluids to pass. When that happens, the surgeon just puts a tool down through your throat, and opens up the stoma (hole). It's a fairly simple and quick procedure. It can be caused by too much scar tissue forming there. Like i said tho, simple and quick fix, and temporary.

Brenda T.
on 8/30/11 9:24 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thank you Monica, I went straight away and looked it up. lol  You're wonderful thank you.
Brenda
Monica M.
on 8/30/11 10:47 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yeah, i know... lol. just happy to help a newbie who's eager to learn!!

Karen M.
on 8/30/11 10:11 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Ugh - so sorry to hear that Allyson.  I remember all too well how awful it was having a stricture.  I wouldn't hesitate to give the surgeon a call.  Take care.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Radiogirl39
on 8/30/11 11:16 pm - Canada
Oh wow, what rotten luck!  That sounds like an emergency situation to me and I can't believe they would expect you to wait almost a month. That could be dangerous if you can't keep anything down.  Hope this gets resolved quickly. Again.

JULie

Joyce J.
on 8/30/11 11:51 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Sorry you are having such a rough time. I say call the surgeon, don't wait til Sept 26th or go to Emergency at Humber. You can easily get dehydrated and that can be very serious.

Please keep us posted

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

jennifer_rpn
on 8/31/11 12:02 am
Hey Allyson,

I would call the office and explain what's happening. They need to get you in sooner. Klein told me he would book me for the 12th but if needed it sooner and was having problems to call and would do it. You can't keep going on like this girl!

My   is Quinns_mommy  and she rocks - Thanks for all your support!
Allyson A.
on 8/31/11 12:54 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I got thru to Dr. Kleins office and was informed that both he and Dr. Hagan are on holidays.  The receptionist suggested that I try to get fluids down, and that I call again  on the 6th to get in on the 7th with Dr. Hagan doing the scope.

So far this morning fluids are going in again.  I will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully can last until the 6th.  If not then I will just go to the emergency and hopefully they will take care of the problem.

I will keep everyone posted on the outcome. 

Thanx again for everyones support.  I appreciate the support and friendship that is offered on OH tenfold. 

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

Most Active
Recent Topics