3 Weeks post op

cscharlie
on 9/5/11 1:29 am
I'm not sure if I've done something wrong... but I seem to have stalled. I keep bouncing between 209 and 211.  I track my intake, I read everything I can get my hands on, I know I'm getting my protein.  I know this wasn't meant to be an easy way quick fix, but now I'm afraid that I will be stuck here.

Help... please..
Brenda

now onto living!
charm64
on 9/5/11 1:32 am - Cambridge, Canada
Not to worry, three weeks seems to be where many of us stall.  It is normal and your body is getting use to all of the changes.
It sucks but is part of the process.  Keep doing what your doing and the scale will move.

Advice from vets that I have taken is to put the scale away and only weigh once a week. 

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

BrigitteD
on 9/5/11 1:38 am - Sumerstown, Canada
25 ponds in 3 weeks, whens the last time you lost that in that short of a time.  I think you are doing great!  Patience, if you follow it will drop lol.  Keep on trucking!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

Sher1ock
on 9/5/11 1:49 am - Canada
I stalled for 10 freaking days at the three week mark. I'm 6 and 1/2 weeks post op now...lost 2.5 pounds yesterday. Aside from recovering from shock of surgery etc, remember our bodies retain weight at different times in our cycles too. Try to not fret...you will be fine and the experience of this stall will help get you through the next one.

Cheryl D.
on 9/5/11 3:35 am - Toronto, Canada
It's perfectly normal and very common.  Don't stress about it.  It happens to many of us at the point you are at now. 

It's not possible to live on the number of calories you are consuming and NOT lose weight.  Sometimes our body goes into a bit of a shock after such a tramautic event as surgery and hangs on to the weight. It can't hold on forever !!  In a short while you will resume losing again. 

Don't be surprised if you have a few stalls along the way.  You're doing GREAT!

Cheryl

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

trudylam
on 9/5/11 3:37 am, edited 9/5/11 3:39 am - Sudbury, Canada
I had a 12 day stall at weeks 2-3.  Another one at weeks 5-6.  It's normal, try not to panic.  Put the scale away for a week or you are going to make yourself crazy.  We've all been there. :)

ETA:  Diminishing Dawn has a great explanation of why we stall.  Try to contact her or maybe she can chime in here.  It makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Monica M.
on 9/5/11 3:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
breathe and relax.. there is absolutely no way this can fail right now. YOu're getting far too few calories at this stage. Its the usual 3 week stall.. just relax, keep doing the righ things.. it'll happen.

cscharlie
on 9/5/11 4:34 am
thanks guys... it helps to hear all this.
Brenda

now onto living!
NurseTammy
on 9/5/11 8:52 am - Hamilton, Canada
I had a huge stall at three weeks... now I am almost 5 weeks and have hit another one where my weight actually went up two pounds.  It sucks, but it will pass.  But it still sucks....lol
Tammy
328 - Highest Weight
305 - Surgery Weight- July 26th, 2011