One month follow up apts

cscharlie
on 9/6/11 11:33 am
So what has everyone experienced at these 1 month follow ups?  When I called, Humber told me it's not one on one anymore, it's a class now.  I thought we met with the dietician and went over food journal.  And what should I expect at the follow up with the surgeon?
Brenda

now onto living!
onikenbai
on 9/6/11 12:21 pm - Canada
I too got the flyer at my surgery giving me all the dates and times for all my follow ups.  They're not going to be happy tomorrow when I call them and tell them that I can't make any of the appoinments.  Don't know what their love of Thursdays is about, but I'm in school and it's non-negotiable that I will not miss class.  I'm not paying 10K in tuition to miss half my classes to sit in their waiting room for hours because they can't seem to be on time ever, even at 9am.

I'm cool with the class idea because I think it's only for the nutritionist.  She likely says the same thing over and over to everybody so I don't see the harm in having a class.  I was never told to make a food journal, so there wouldn't be anything to review at the appointment anyway.  Social worker would be a completely different story and I would not be pleased in a group situation there.

I've heard the surgeon follow up is in and out in 10 minutes.

happypants
on 9/6/11 9:43 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I wish Ottawa had a class, its a really good opportunity to learn from others and share experiences.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann