Swollen ankles

linda11665
on 9/21/11 9:08 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Okay , so before surgery I used to suffer from swollen ankles, and **** like a horse.  After surgery, for the first four weeks no swollen ankles...Now I have swollen ankles....I used to think it was because I sat on my ars all day long at work...But I walk 3kms at night time, now, and wonder what the hell?????

any suggestions?

Thanks
Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
sueberman
on 9/21/11 10:34 am
like you my swollen ankles went away but mine stayed away.  If you press your thumb into your foot does the impression stay? if so you are retaining fluid, which is what would make you pee so much.  I'd get that checked with your doctor to be on the safe side.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

linda11665
on 9/21/11 11:18 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Hi Sue, nope no impression left in foot.....

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
Eileen C.
on 9/21/11 12:28 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Linda

Could  you still be retaining fluids, how is your salt intake??  , I can feel your frustration, as

well

I would call my surgeon's office and tell them what is going on with your ankles

Have you tried raising up your feet in the evenings or when you are not working? Are you getting in all

your fluids??

Take care and hopefully that you get an answer and results that work for you

Eileen
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
linda11665
on 9/22/11 1:56 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Eileen, I have been getting in my fluids, I pretty much don't eat salt....As for keeping my feet up, yup and in the morning they are find again....The ottawa clinic advice me to see my family dr and so I will be makin an appointment to see her.....

But today, Thursday no swollen ankles, go figure....

Thanks
Linda

Radiogirl39
on 9/22/11 2:06 am - Canada
My ankles get embarrassingly swollen and that's only for the last few months as my weight has gotten higher.  Maybe they went down, but now that you are more active than you were they are swelling again.  Not sure when you had your surgery, but if it was only about 4 weeks ago then your weight is prob still high enough to cause the swelling with activity.  If you were still sitting on your arse, they probably wouldn't swell.  I think it will get better as you continue to lose weight.

Julie

Most Active
Recent Topics