Trouble booking post op appts.

tango123
on 9/27/11 9:07 am
I had surgery July 25th, and saw my surgeon for the once on Aug13th. I have since not seen ANYONE. I have called TWH 5-6 x's, left messages...some nice, todays not so nice!
I also called my surgeon in hopes that maybe they can get me in for some appts. I would like to see if I'm on track and if I'm eatting well.
Anyonehave any suggestions?
Can you tell me the timeline is for certqin appts, like who I should be seeing and at what time line?
Thanks
Monica M.
on 9/27/11 9:46 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you should see the dietitian at one month, three months and six months (i think). I booked my one month appt before i even had surgery.  i always book the next appt at that appt. if that makes sense.

Derek C.
on 9/27/11 9:59 am - North Bay , Canada
TWH booked my one month post op appointments and gave them to me before leaving the hospital - I have to book my 3 month appointments when im down there next week

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

StevesGal
on 9/27/11 10:15 am - Hamilton, Canada

Hamilton gives you your next appt card at the current appt.  Doesn't make sense to do everywhere?

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/11 11:49 am - Toronto, Canada
 sounds awful and hard to figure out what is going on!  I think every hospital has an ombudsperson to field complaints so maybe you want to give that try at this point?  The ombudsperson works in the patient relations department and their job is to help improve patient care and problem solve individual situations...so its not just complaining but also improving the care for every patient by identifying where the break down in care is occuring.

Here is the contact info for the patient relations at TWH:
Patient Relations - Complaints/Compliments:            (416) 340-4907       
tango123
on 9/28/11 12:10 am
Thanks, I called the head of the dept today and left a message as to how disappointed I am for being let down! I feel great but I have put far too much effort in staying helathy that the should be held accountable as well!
Most Active
Recent Topics