10 000 steps a day challenge!

tango123
on 10/6/11 8:30 am, edited 10/6/11 8:32 am
At my work they have started a 10 000 step/day challenge. There are approx 100 of us or so who are doing this., We each have a pedometer and clip it on the second you wake and take it off when you sleep. My daily average is approx 9000-12000 steps/day.
Yesterday I did 16521 steps, just doing 12 loads of laundry at the laundromat!!!

I think this woud be a fantastic challenege for anyone on here having difficulty following an exercise routine. I do not go to bed before I hit 10 000 now. I say I'll go for a 30 min walk and I always stay out much longer.

In the last 2 weeks I have been getting so many comments from "you are melting away" to "skinny *****"
I still have atleast 60 lbs to go but am feeling better each day.

The pedometer just makes me accountable and its right in my face, no excuses.
The same with logging my food on my fitness.com

Just thought I would throw it out there but would be interesting to see once a week what people are stepping. Anyone interested?
Cyndylw
on 10/6/11 11:18 am - Ottawa, Canada
 I have a pedometer too...however I feel that it doesn't work right... I clip it to my shoe and I feel that maybe the way I walk it counts double... I can't clip it to my belt because it doesn't read a thing.... 

Where do you clip yours??? Where did you get a good one?

Referal sent August 2009 - Referred to Ottawa - January 2010 - Surgery - July 29th 2011!!!!    
Most Active
Recent Topics