Four years today

Cyn K.
on 10/9/11 1:06 am - Caledon, Canada
Wow hard to believe that today is my 4th anniversay from my RNY at Barix.  So much has changed over the last few years.  I use to be such a home body that avoided anything that involved physical activities with my friends since even just going to a park or walking downtown was too much for me.  Four years later Im the one asking people to do things and often taken my nieces to Wonderland after work so we can enjoy the rides that I could never fit on before. 
This summer I joined a softball league after not having played for twenty years and was able to finish all levels at the aerial climbing and ziplining.  I met a great guy over two years ago and things are going great in our relationship, he of course knows about my surgery and was able to support me through two of my plastics surgery. 
Right now Im struggling to keep my weight down, Ive gained back 40lbs from my lowest weight but  am hoping to get back on track and get it off again. 
I wish I had know about the surgery years earlier cause boy has my life changed and all for the better!

monique_lite2b
on 10/9/11 1:15 am - North Bay, Canada
Happy Anniversary!  What an uplifting story!  Continued sucess to you!
Moselle
on 10/9/11 1:23 am - Athens, Canada
Happy Surgiversary!  It sounds like you are doing great.  When I was pre-surgery I was extremely encouraged by posts like yours providing a look at the long term. It's important for us all of know that you are still really glad that you had the surgery and that although you may be stumble now and then you can still work with your tool and succeed.

Thank you for sharing your journey; because it serves to reinforce the fact that it is a lifelong journey not a destination or goal. When we reach our goal we still have to be diligent and stick with the program to maintain.

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Brenda T.
on 10/9/11 1:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That is so great!! I'm thrilled to hear your story. I'm glad you are enjoying the new you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Radiogirl39
on 10/9/11 1:29 am - Canada
Thank you for posting as it is encouragement for those of us waiting.  My surgery date is Nov 11th and have been hearing a lot of negative stories lately which is making me a little nervous. 

Julie

Brenda T.
on 10/9/11 1:45 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I just went to your profile and read your story and looked at your pictures.  It brought tears to my eyes looking at how far you have come.  All the changes you have made to make yourself healthier.

Thank you so very much for making your story public and sharing with us.  You have no idea how much it means to me.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/9/11 3:08 am - Windsor, Canada
Congratulations!! It's definitely a challenge long term but you can do it!!!

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

birdiegirl
on 10/9/11 3:14 am

Hi Cyn

I think I've told you this before - you were one of my inspirtions pre-surgery and during the weight loss stage....I thank you for that

Big congrats on a great 4 years....sounds like you are really living your life again...

Yeah the re-gain.....I have to daily concentrate to keep the lbs at bay....I guess just like normal people....maybe a little more so....

All the best to you

Barb

StevesGal
on 10/9/11 3:14 am - Hamilton, Canada
Well done!  And a great story, too.  Congratulations!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

charm64
on 10/9/11 4:00 am - Cambridge, Canada
Congratulations, wow you have had such great success. 

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics