3 Weeks Post OP-feeling extremely hunger

Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 8:21 am - Canada
 thank you for your info, im 3 weeks post op, i felt like there was something wrong with me because i guess i thought things would be different after the surgery, i wouldnt be thinking of food all the time.
Quinns_mommy
on 10/17/11 8:24 am
I think about food probably more than 100 times a day, everyday! This surgery doesn't change who you are on the inside - that's our job. This is major hard work. Just keep at it, and remember how badly you wanted this. :)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 8:36 am - Canada
 you are 100 percent right..thank you!!
Brandy S.
on 10/17/11 8:19 am - Sudbury, Canada
for the first 2 weeks I only would get 1 protein shake in for the day.
But the last few days I have been drinking my one choc protein shake and I have a fruit splash protein powder to mix with water  so right there with the 2 protein drinks that 50g protein.
I am however only getting 3 bottle of water a day so far.. but Im working on that.

Good luck.
Brandyyy  
gigglesAlot
on 10/17/11 8:32 am

. . . . . what I thought was 'real hunger' early post-op was actually stomach acid.  Once I got that under control I started to recognize when I really needed to eat or not.  This might be one possiblity to consider.

Barb

Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
Karen W.
on 10/17/11 9:22 am - Canada
I got my hunger back 3 weeks post-op.  I'm 6 months out and am hungry quite a bit of the time, so I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks per day; protein first, and make sure I get 60-80 g/day. I fill up on protein and veggies. Lots of liquid helps.  I find that hot drinks (herbal, caffeine-free tea) helps me to feel more full.  Don't worry, you'll learn to manage the hunger.  I suggest that you discuss this with your nutritionist and behaviourist.  Good luck!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 9:49 am - Canada
 thank you for the advice Karen, it helps to know i'm not alone. i prefer to have 3 meals and 3 snacks spread out through the day also. i have not faired very well with hot drinks yet, they kind of make me feel sick but i guess its just a matter of learning what works and what doesnt
sam1am
on 10/17/11 10:07 am
 Its hard in the beginning but it will get better - all the best!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Ominous_goo
on 10/17/11 10:13 am - Canada
 thank you