so excited and now feeling nervous!

maryjakedesa
on 10/20/11 2:09 pm - Scarborough, Canada
 Today i got the call i have been waiting for the last few months. I have orientation on Wednesday Oct 26,2011 at TWH. I know it's just the beginning stages of this long journey, but i was really not expecting a call so  i was really excited when i knew what is was for. I still can't sleep..I am so happy but at the same time i'm scared and nervous!! .Please tell me that others have felt this way. 
Just wanted to share my feelings..and thank goodness that a site like this is here for people like me..i mean i have very little family to really share this news and even some of those don't understand my struggles.
Take care ya all!!
DonnaB1952
on 10/20/11 8:47 pm - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
I can relate!!!! Isn't exciting that we have such a life changing journey ahead of us, full of potential to be healthy and enjoying life just as we deserve. Things happened pretty quickly for me and I would of had all my appointments done last week if a couple hadn't been changed due to staff absences... Not sure how many tests the internist will order when I see him next month... but I hope the new years puts me on the bench... LOL! Enjoy your day!

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

aprilbennett1965
on 10/20/11 8:49 pm - Canada
Congrats on that call mary! I remember feeling very excited and nervous as well. With each appt the nervousness was less and less but the excitement was more and more!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

jdance
on 10/20/11 10:34 pm - Canada
congratulations on the first step,
Like other posts, you will get more excited as the time draws near.
OH is like my extended family, have met some very nice people on here and love our support group.
It's  nice when other understand what we are going thru.

Take care and keep us posted.

J

Brenda T.
on 10/20/11 10:42 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I too am so thankful for this site!!! I would go crazy (well more crazy) without it.
I don't blame you for being excited and nervous, I am waiting for my call too for orientation.
So happy for you, things should start moving now.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

charm64
on 10/20/11 11:28 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 Congratulations, its so exciting when the ball starts rolling.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Leslie W.
on 10/20/11 11:59 pm - Cobourg, Canada
I have been through TWH. Everyone there has been great, nothing bad to say. At your orientation you should get your first 2 appointments with the NP and Social Worker. You are on your way!

Good luck Leslie

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Monica M.
on 10/21/11 12:07 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
It's awesome that you're starting your journey. Yes, its normal to feel nervous and excited.

There is no one who can understand your feelings, troubles, and struggles like those who have been there already, which is why this forum is so awesome.

I look forward to hearing about your excitement going forward in this journey.

Most Active
Recent Topics