recommendations for work out to do at home/videos

nikki_alzona
on 11/15/11 1:06 am - Canada
Hey all,
I have to say that you guys are all so very informative and helpful and love that everyone is so forthcoming!!

Now to my question right now I do aqua fit  and swim lengths. I would like to start putting in a workout or two at home for now at least until I have my surgery. So my question to you guys is... work outs at home. Does anyone have a video they like to do? What type of weights etc they like?

any recommendations would be appreciated.... thanks a head of time

Referral:
October 2010         Info Session: August 16th, 2011      Nurse Appt: October 13th, 2011 
Social Worker: November 25th, 2011        Nutrition Class: November 29th 2011    Dietitian: January 13 2011 
Psychiatrist:
November 25th, 2011     Surgeon: March 02, 2012            Optifast: March 20th, 2012
Surgery Date: April 11th 2012

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 1:27 am - Canada
On November 15, 2011 at 9:06 AM Pacific Time, nikki_alzona wrote:
Hey all,
I have to say that you guys are all so very informative and helpful and love that everyone is so forthcoming!!

Now to my question right now I do aqua fit  and swim lengths. I would like to start putting in a workout or two at home for now at least until I have my surgery. So my question to you guys is... work outs at home. Does anyone have a video they like to do? What type of weights etc they like?

any recommendations would be appreciated.... thanks a head of time

I LOVE the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout on DVD.  It's a HIIT workout with weight intervals.   It's lead by Jillian Michaels and the people working out are all BL contestants. 

I also have 2 workout DVDs by Billy Blanks - Cardio Inferno and Cardio Sculpt.  Both are WAY too advanced for me so I dont do them yet.  The movements are VERY fast and I cant keep up.

maxlake
on 11/15/11 1:27 am - Canada
 On my facebook group someone was saying they do Zumba from Wii, and they love it.  I am going to look into it.  Joyce

Sher1ock
on 11/15/11 4:07 am - Canada
get a deeper bathtub, maybe?  aquafit at home?...lol...(sorry - couldn't resist)

I've also heard good things about Wii Zumba, but cannot say from personal experience.  Good for you for starting new routines early in the game.  It will make life more manageable post-op.

smiley_k
on 11/15/11 5:08 am
I like zumba youtube videos. You type in the name of songs you like followed by zumba and can make your own playlist of sorts.   
Katie  ♥     

Kersten-Jane
on 11/15/11 5:49 am
 Get an Xbox with Kinects!!  Its a bit pricey but so worth it!! I love it.  They have all sorts of games --dancing, zumba, biggest loser workout plus much more.  I rent games to see if I like them first but your body is the controller so you cant cheat like you can with the wii !!

I also like the classic workout videos RICHARD SIMMONS is my man lol.

Referral-late 2010                                                              Surgical Class-January 5 2012
Orientation-Feb 28 2011                                                  PATTS - Jan.26 2012
Ultrasound, ECG, Blood test- April 8 2011                     Surgery!!!-Feb.2.2012
Social Worker/Dietitian - June 1 2011
Scope- June 10 2011                                                        
 Internist- July 6 2011
Cognitive Behavioral- Sept 13 - Nov 22 (Every Tuesday)
  Meeting the Surgeon- December 21

LexiCocoaChanel
on 11/15/11 6:15 am - Toronto, Canada
I enjoy workout videos and working out at home.  The best program I have used is the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii.  Hands-down the best interactive workout.  It is great because you can target areas or join a 9-week program that increases your stamina and strength.  I am looking forward to using it again in a few weeks ( I am 4 weeks post-op)

Alexa
May 25, 2011 OS, June 9, 2011 NP, June 13 SW, June 15 NUT, Aug31 Dietitian Sep 8 Psych,
Sep 16 Surgeon  SURGERY: October 17, 2011!!

RW 292 OFW 288 SW 274 CW 249
  Liza.. is my                                 

savasana
on 11/15/11 8:59 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
I love yoga (I also swim lengths, an hour a day) and my favourite video is from Gaiam, Yoga for Weight Loss.  What is wonderful about it is that there are heavier folks in the video showing improvised poses for those of us with...girth issues lol.

Smarty
on 11/16/11 8:31 am - Welland, Canada
I also do aquafit 2-3 times weekly.  I have done zumba with a video that I downloaded.  Loveeeee zumba!!!  I also really like all three versions of Just Dance for the Wii.  Great workout, great songs and lots of fun.  All the best with your journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics