so frustrated with this STALL!!

butterfly_kisses
on 12/28/11 10:29 pm - Canada
 I had my RNY Surgery December 14th and lost 10 lbs since surgery THATS ALL!!! after 1 week i already came to a stall and havent lost any weight in over a week. This is so frustrating im eating exactly what the guidelines say to eat and today i start pureed diet so with more food items like vegetables and fruits and potatoes and soft  meats i feel like i will never loose weight. Anyone gone through this experience???
samtq
on 12/28/11 11:09 pm - Ottawa, Canada
 It happened to me at about this point as well.  Don't despair!  It does come off.  I promise.
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
MisterDiminishing
on 12/29/11 1:05 am - Windsor, Canada
Yes. Stalls are normal. May as well get used to them.

I had my surgery the day after yours. I lost thirteen pounds and am currently on a 2-3 day stall as well.

Long term weight loss is what we are striving for - not day by day weights. You'll do fine. Just give this some time.

Karen W.
on 12/29/11 1:14 am - Canada
It's completely normal to stall between 2-4 weeks.  You've actually done well; I only lost 7 lbs in my first two weeks.  Many people lose more, but we're all different.  Try not to compare.  When I was comparing I only seemed to notice those that lost more than me (almost everyone) and somehow didn't register those who were losing at the same rate or close to the same rate as me.  It helps to put it in perspective; when is the last time you lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks?  That you are going to actually keep off?

Hang in there.  Your body is holding on to its weight, it doesn't know what's going on yet.  You WILL lose!   Try not to worry.

BTW, sometimes eating more actually breaks the stall and helps you to lose weight, so starting the puree phase will likely be very helpful!

RNY April 11, 2011       

butterfly_kisses
on 12/29/11 1:27 am - Canada
 Thanks everyone for your posts i feel better. Just makes me wonder if there is something im doing wrong like not drinking enough water or not eating slow enough. I guess i was just hoping to see it melt away a bit faster but its not a rush. Thanks!!
Leslie W.
on 12/29/11 8:08 am - Cobourg, Canada
For me it was at the 2 week mark and lasted almost 2 weeks. dont dispair, the scale will move again,

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics