how green is your grass?

tango123
on 1/16/12 12:55 pm
I am a hockey mom of 3 boys and get to know the parents who are also apart of this crazy sport. That being said, this weekend one of the dads and I got to talking about our families and he advised that he and his wife had split last year. All this time I thought what a great couple and how happy they seemed and always polite and funny. Here he had suffered deceit and still dealt with it with grace.....my point of all of this is that even though we see people and think they may "have it all" but in reality they don't. I was always thinking the "skinny *****es" had it ALL but skinny is just a #  and size. I have lost 90lbs and am trying to teach myself self acceptance and learn to appreciate ALL the things I DO have not the focus on the things I DON'T. I have wasted 10 years of my life wishing I was or had what others have and yet I have all the things I want and need!
Now my goals are more personal and family oriented and am hoping 2012 is the best year ever!
swagger
on 1/16/12 1:21 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
Great post! How true, even though I've made plenty of mistakes on my end, I have always tried to learn from them....if people really think the grass is greener try wife swapping with flavor flav.
(celebrity wife swap btw)

My grass is always greener on my side because I've installed astro-turf!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

Sher1ock
on 1/16/12 1:30 pm - Canada
Grass that appears to always be greener than your own signals an increased likelihood of excessive amounts of  fertilizer being used...old fashioned BS in action!

On a serious note - I agree with your point of view...rather than waste my time wishing I could trade places with anyone, I try to stop and smell the roses I have cultivated on my side of the fence.

Joyce J.
on 1/16/12 9:15 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

So true. We always assume that rich people have it all, skinny people have the best lives and LOL blonds have more fun..................(I'm blond)

Focus on your goals, what is realistic for you and your needs.

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

sam1am
on 1/16/12 11:07 pm
I agree, the grass often looks greener, but usually isn't!  Great post!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics