Changing things up a little

alexforest
on 2/6/12 8:28 am - Canada

I have been having alot of tuna for my 3rd week post op, but having so much trouble getting it down, chew chew chew and it still went down in lumps and the pain was unbearable, it felt like when you swallow something and it went down teh wrong way, i would eve get the pain in my check and shoulder, so tonight i decided to change things, tonight i had about a 1/4 cup of whipped potato, a little roast beef that was done in the slow cooker and just falling apart, and a  spoonful of gravy,mixed it all together and it just went down so good with no problems, thank goodness i finally enjoyed a meal, tomorrow night is left over chilli,

Peel1234
on 2/6/12 8:40 am
early post op I mixed 2 pickle slices/small diced onion/2tbsp fat free mayo and 2tbsp pickle juice with canned tuna and then put it in the food processor till smooth.  I also did the same with salmon in a can too.  Don't know if it would help but tasted really good.  Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

TBIYTC
on 2/6/12 1:10 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
Sounds like you got that meal right!!  Glad it worked for you.

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Brenda T.
on 2/6/12 9:37 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Good to know because I was thinking tuna would be good for that part. The roast meal sounds yummy.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

alexforest
on 2/6/12 10:01 pm - Canada
Tuna is also good, but you need to mix it with something, if not it's very dry, and that was my problem, when i go out shopping tomorrow i'm going to check for low fat or no fat mayo to mix with it,

jdance
on 2/7/12 5:48 am - Canada
I couldn't do tuna, and still don't do tuna, it doesn't like me anymore. Lump is right.

slow cooker dinner sounds good. but be careful with the beef, even though it's tender, it's harder to digest at this stage.

Most Active
Recent Topics