stomach sick again tonight

alexforest
on 2/14/12 5:58 am, edited 2/14/12 5:59 am - Canada
this is suppose to be the start of my week 4 foods, so far not so good, it actually started last night, being stomach sick, tried vomiting but couldn't , lunch today i had a soft boiled egg, had to lay down for a hr afterwards i was so stomach sick, after awhile it passed off, now i just finished my dinner, i had three perogies, before i could take the last bite the stomach sickness started and now pains in my chest and shoulder, did i eat to much? did i eat to fast? whats happening to meeeeeee????? help!!!!!!

P.S
I'm thirsty all the time, can't get enough water in me
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/12 6:04 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Eggs don't seem to sit well with some people so that could explain your lunch.  As for dinner, I think 3 perogies would be too much and the dough on the outside would likely sit way too heavy.  It is doughy and sticky and likely just not right at this point and honestly not a wise choice at any point.  It's nothing but carbs.
Leanne1
on 2/14/12 6:30 am, edited 2/13/12 7:13 pm - Newmarket, Canada
WoW! Perogies??! NO wonder you are sick.... You REALLY need to follow the centers rules. Perogies is not on ANY list that I am aware of, at all, especially at the 4 weeks stage. And 3 of them :O I couldn't even attempt 3 if I wanted to eat those and I'm 17 months out.

Joyce J.
on 2/14/12 6:54 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

You are probably eating too fast or not chewing enough.

As for the water, keep drinking, it's good for you

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Peel1234
on 2/14/12 7:31 am
I'm 14 weeks out and ate one hard boiled egg and was sick (violently for hours).  Thought that was it, two days later 1 scrambled egg and same effect.  I guess I'll pass on eggs.  Too difficult.
Live and learn that is all part of our journey. 
Keep a diary of your food consumption I use Spark People and love it. 
Right now it's hard to judge how much you eat, especially if your a grazer, best advice follow the rules and measure. 
There may be days when things go down easy, but tomorrow it won't work.  What I have found is if I now eat too much (1 cup of something) I'm nauseated for hours.  This didn't happen early on, but now that nerve endings are regenerating it's happening all the time.  This is the new life we choose and worked hard to achieve.  Gather strength from all of us that will support you.  Tomorrow is a better day.  Good luck tomorrow.  Diane

Will take a kayaking trip summer 2012, freedom

Megan M.
on 2/14/12 7:46 am - Canada
You really need to stick to very soft, very loose things until your stomach settles down.  Perogies - too solid, too heavy, too doughy - it'll sit like a lump.  I agree with the poster above that you need to religiously follow your centre's rules, and even if what they say you should be having is causing you problems, you should back off.  Considering that your pouch was made the size of a golf ball, eating an egg would pretty much fill it to the brim.  Your stomach appears to be quite sensitive, so barring any physical like a stricture, you really need to take it slow and easy.  Try eating a bite, then waiting a minute or two or more, then try another small bite - it might take you a half hour or more to eat that egg.  If this continues, you need to see someone.  And as always, fluids are crucial.

One more thing, when I was early out and had a sick stomach, I found sugar free popsicles very soothing.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

missingmanny
on 2/14/12 8:38 am - Canada
You've been given very good advice, so I'll only comment on the water issue...I felt the same way, and the only way to quench your thirst is to sip, sip, sip. all day long...this goes on for months, only many months out can you finally gulp again like you're used to...keep water with you constantly...

HW 268  SW 261  CW 166GW 170 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com    

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/12 9:16 am - Toronto, Canada
 Feeling compelled to echo the wise advice from others....no Perogies...maybe not ever.  This is a major lifestyle change.  

I've been very lucky with eggs, although I've only tried them hard boiled.  I mash mine and add a bit of low fat mayo and it goes down easy, but it takes me about 45 minutes to eat, sometimes up to an hour to eat one egg.

How long does it take you to eat a meal?  I'm generally sticking with 45-60 minutes to get down 1/4 cup of food.  
alexforest
on 2/14/12 9:51 am - Canada
no more perogies for sure,but after reading all the above comments i do think i'm eating to fast and thats part of my upset stomach, thanks guys... advise taken and will adhere to it, i love this group!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics