Question for St. Joe's Hamilton People

PatXYZ
on 2/16/12 8:55 am
I have questions about the one-week follow-up appointment with your surgeon. Do you see them one week after the date of your surgery, or one week after you are discharged from hospital? Is it one week to the day, or did some people have their appointments later? Were you given your appointment time/date before you left the hospital or did they call you with it?

I'm going to have to book a zipcar for getting to this appointment and would like to know when to expect it. Thank you!
JennR
on 2/16/12 8:59 am
I was given my appointment before discharge and no it wasn't a week exactly it was more like 10 days from the date of surgery. None of their appointments so far have been bang on. I am going for my 3 month check up at about 4 months and 1 week.

PatXYZ
on 2/16/12 9:40 am
Hmmm... that is good to know. I'll talk to them about it in the hospital then. I'll only have someone to drive me on certain days, but I'm sure I can work something out.
MrsJButler
on 2/16/12 9:38 am - Canada
I had to coem back to the Hammer 4 days after I got home for my one week check up and the rest like Jenn said have all been behind by a few weeks even a month this last one.
PatXYZ
on 2/16/12 9:41 am
Thanks. So exactly how many days after surgery was your appointment?
chammer71
on 2/16/12 9:47 am - St. Catharines , Canada
My appointment was eight days after my surgery and the date and time was given to me by the nurse right before I was discharged.

HW: 355.0   SW: 327.0  CW: 260.1  Surgeon: Dr. Gmora, St. Joseph's Hamilton      Surgery Date: December 28, 2011
Dianadcr
on 2/16/12 9:50 am - Canada
I had my surgery on a Monday, discharged on Wednesday and my one week was on Tuesday, 8 days after my surgery date. My one month appointment is two days shy of one month. So close enough for me.
  Diana

mabou
on 2/16/12 10:15 am - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 02/06/12
 In my case I was given the follow up appt on discharge from Hospital on Feb.10 and Appt was for the 14th.This was 8 days postop. This appt is for the Nurse not the Dr.to remove your drain if you have one still in and check out vitals and if your taking in all your fluids.I thought I was seeing Docter but Nurse said she is the one who is seen 1 week after.I ended up seeing the Dr. anyway because of a few problems with the drain but was told this is a nurse visit. Anyone have it any other way?
JJ_
on 2/16/12 10:29 am
Hi Mabou,

It was the same for me, follow-up appointments have been with the Nurse Practitioner and not the surgeon, and I am in Ottawa.

Judy
PatXYZ
on 2/16/12 11:49 am
Dr. Hong wants to see me himself as I'm having DS and as those are done rarely, he wants to check on me. So I guess it'll depend on his schedule. My sister is going to be with me for about a week post-op, so hopefully it can be scheduled before she leaves.
Most Active
Recent Topics