Dr. Hagen

kucletsa
on 3/23/12 10:32 am - Canada
 Hello

Just wondering if anyone on here had their surgery with Dr Hagen?  Also if you personally requested him. How long was your wait?  My husband met a surgeon today at his work and just curiously asked him what he thought of the sleeve being done. His response is. Well when we mess with anatomy there is always a possibility of side effects and issues

Anyhow.he asked if he knew any surgeons and he responded. If I were to EVER Have this surgery the only hands I would ever trust to do it is. dr. Hagen

Anyhow. Woul love to hear your experiences and also if you experienced any health issues later after surgery??  Any complications?  Any fluid tubes and how long?

Thanking you in advance!!
REF SENT: DEC 2011  ORIENTATION: APRIL 19TH, 2012!!!!    
Karen M.
on 3/23/12 10:38 am - Mississauga, Canada
Best.  Surgeon.  Ever.

I can't say enough positive things about this man. PM me if you want details.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kaleena
on 3/23/12 11:07 am
he is truly amazing he was awesome i felt comfortable from the first moment i met him.. my surgery went without a hitch and no complications afterwards at all and still nothing and i am 9months post op.. he is a kind person with great bedside manner.. i am so happy i had him for a surgeon.. my wait wasnt too long only a few months   from the time i had my first meeting with him.. if thats your surgeon you have nothing to worry about ..u are in the best hands out there... good luck with you journey..

Lorraine M.
on 3/23/12 11:07 am - Canada

I think I may have already told you this but I specifically requested a surgeon change to Dr Hagen. He is head of the Humber Bariatrics team, a highly skilled surgeon in both sleeve and RNY and has the most wonderful compasionate bedside manner. He received a special award from U of T.

My surgery was complicated because of 2 previous abdomenal surgeries with bowel adhesions and lots of scar tissue. He completed it in normal time, repairing a hiatus hernia, and fixing a minor leak before finishing the surgery. He sutchered over the staples to make it stronger.  I had a drain for 2 days in the hospital to check for infections and there were none. I havent had any complications (knocking on wood). So you are very lucky if you have Dr hagen. Your husband need not worry about a lack of surgeon expertise or experience but having said that there are always risks when you have surgery or go out and drive your car, or stay and live a shorter life as an obese person.

Don't be too obsessive with the worry. It is not healthy. Go to the classes, learn all you can, join a support group and make sure you bring hubby with you to your appointments. I have no regrets. 

MS Miller
on 3/23/12 11:15 am - Nepean, Canada
Hi,

He is a great surgeon, excellent bedside manner, attentive, caring and a sweet man. He came to see me everyday i was in the hospital. Even though I am from Ottawa, he said to come back to see him before my year is out, he would make time for me.

Sue

Surgery Sept 13th 2011 Dr. Hagen 
cherry jam m
on 3/24/12 12:12 am - Canada
I had the sleeve on wednessday and i cannot say enoough good thngs about Dr hagen. He is as perfect as a human being can be lol. I didnt really want to post until i felt better as i have been in alot of pain [wasnt expecting so much pain] and regretted alittle why i got the surgery, but as the days pass i feel better.Dr hagen is caring, soft spoken, kindly medical professional i have met.He is fantastic.