Wanted: cake and chocolate

Radiogirl39
on 4/6/12 10:53 am - Canada

For some reason, all I want are chocolate and sweets.  Cake, cookies, muffins. Anything.  It's really getting annoying.  I can keep the chocolate cravings at bay usually with my Jamieson Belgian chocolate protein bars.  It hasn't been working for long lately. 

I don't think it's necessarily a sugar thing.  Having some greek yogurt with NSA jam or some Jell-o isn't going to cut it.  It might be a texture thing.  After surgery I was so sick of sweet stuff because I normally  prefer salty stuff. Now I really want sweet.
Arrgghhh!!!

Julie

Ottawa34
on 4/6/12 10:58 am - Ottawa, Canada
Julie, I completely undetstand where your're coming from....  I have been the same way for months now.  It's almost like a full blow addiction theses past few weeks :)

I havent been able to keep my cravings at bay, good for you for being able to hold off as long as you have.   When I first tried sweets after surgery I'd dump or end up with a feeling like I was drunk, but now i dont get that anymore, darn!! 

Good luck with the cravings, i'm still hoping to win the battle :)

Amy
 Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Radiogirl39
on 4/6/12 11:37 am - Canada
It does feel like an addiction Amy!  I caved today and had 1 chocolate Timbit.  It was glorious!  Think I'll try and avoid that tomorrow.  No dumping.  The only thing that has given me any trouble is those single serving Oikos vanilla yogurts.  I thought I was becoming lactose intolerant.  Turns out there is 11 gr of sugar in one and that was doing a number on my bowels.  Or I would get super narcoleptic-like tired, but that is it.

It's a daily fight even with the tool.  I just have to remember that.  Wish I could find something that would replace it.  If not, I hope it doesn't stick around.

Ottawa34
on 4/6/12 4:10 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Timbits are just so good :) 

I get that tired feeling as well, i have to lay down for at least 1hr to get past it, but no matter how crappy I feel after eating something my brain and body just dont seem to retain the memory and are all in for another torture session lol

I've talked with the dietician and behaviourist, i'm still hoping to get a handle on it too :)

Take care

Amy

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Radiogirl39
on 4/7/12 1:06 am - Canada
Well, I've been able to keep it under control so far, but I'm only 5 months out.  We'll see how I'm doing when I get to where you are.  Good luck

PatXYZ
on 4/6/12 11:39 am, edited 4/5/12 11:40 pm
What about a shake cake? This is a microwave mini cake made with protein powder. It's not exactly the same, but it's quite a bit like a warm lave cake. It's about 300 calories, but has only 4-5 carbs depending on your protein powder and gives you at least 10g of protein (not bad for dessert). To make it you will need a ramken, chocolate protein powder, vegetable oil, baking powder, cocoa powder, splenda and vanilla extract.

Half a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I like Whey Gourmet Chocolate Peanut Butter)
2 teaspoon cocoa powder
1.5 tablespoon splenda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (depending how much you like vanilla)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water

Mix all dry, then add wet and whisk with a for****il smooth and the consistency of brownie batter. Cook in microwave for 20-25 seconds depending on strength of microwave and how gooey you like the cake. You can always pop it back in for another 3-5 seconds, so err on the side of undercooking as it isn't very nice when it is too dry. To finish, top with coolwhip, whip cream or just a splash of cream or milk if desired. Enjoy!

Radiogirl39
on 4/6/12 12:02 pm - Canada

I might try it Pat.  I have yet to find a protein powder I can stomach though, so I stick to the premier shakes normally.  Where do you get Whey gourmet?

PatXYZ
on 4/6/12 12:21 pm
GNC... it's my fav!
Radiogirl39
on 4/7/12 1:07 am - Canada
Ok, thanks.  I will check it out.

Lorraine M.
on 4/6/12 1:11 pm, edited 4/6/12 3:38 am - Canada
Hi Julie,

I suffer the same torture for sweets. When it gets really bad I go for the Chatila no sugar donuts. They are a bit heavy so I cut into quarters and micro for 13 sec. I freeze them as a dozen is a lot. Both the chocolate and vanilla icings are great but they are 100 cal. I order online and they deliver. Also get the sf flav-or-ice (like popsicles but in plastic caseing).
http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/cheesecakesdonuts

ps they have 8g protein (donuts I mean)

Most Active
Recent Topics