New to the OH site!

MichjMac
on 4/25/12 7:22 am - Chalk River , Canada
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and I was hoping to meet some ladies that are going to be having surgery in Ottawa. I have met with Dr. Dent already and today I received a package in the mail to go in on the 11th of May for a group information session. What can I expect after this session? Will things start moving quickly or is it still a 12 to 18 month wait? 
the44plan
on 4/25/12 7:24 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
HI.. just wanted to say hello and welcome to OH :)
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/12 7:40 am, edited 4/25/12 10:07 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Hannahmumma03
on 4/25/12 8:12 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada
Welcome!!!

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Brenda T.
on 4/25/12 8:52 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Welcome. I'm not going throught Ottawa so I can't answer on the time table for them. All the best.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

JJ_
on 4/25/12 9:27 am
Welcome.  The orientation meeting is the first round of appointments.  It will give you general information and at the end of the session you have to decide if you are still willing to continue to head towards surgery.

Next will be the appointment with the nurse (bloodwork beforehand).  The APN may send you for other tests (sleep study, ECG, etc.) depending on your health status.

You will meet with the nutritionist.

You will meet with the behaviourist.  (nutritionist or behaviourist are not necessarily in that order)

Then you are to meet with the internist (I met with Dr. Wicklum)

Once you are finished with these appointments, next should be the post-op information session.

Then you have an appointment with the surgeon.  This is where the surgeon discusses the risks of surgery based on your current health and age.  The surgeon gives you the prescription for Optifast.  You go to the front desk and buy the Optifast.

Then you wait for the call for your surgery date and the date that you start Optifast.  Then the timelines blur and you are on the operating table.

The time between appointments vary from individual to individual.  From my referral in September 2010 to my surgery in December 2011, it seemed like a long time.

Good luck.

Judy
Most Active
Recent Topics