Home but concerned!!

barbniko
on 5/2/12 10:44 pm
I am home form my surgery and all went well..I am abit concerned though as I have this dry cough..Is this normal??
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/12 10:50 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Your throat could be slightly irritated from the intubation.  Sometimes after a surgery, I have felt that scratchy feeling and had a dry cough.
Monica M.
on 5/2/12 10:58 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
yes, that's perfectly normal. Just make sure you get lots of water. Could be irritation from the tubes down your throat during surgery, or the dry air of the hospital.

Glad you're home and that things went well!

Dianadcr
on 5/2/12 11:05 pm - Canada
Very irritated throat after surgery and then had a dry hacking cough for a few days. Walked around with a pillow for a week. Like Monica said, water really heped for me!
  Diana

Brenda T.
on 5/2/12 11:32 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Good to hear all went well and that you are home. Speedy recovery.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Joyce J.
on 5/2/12 11:37 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Glad all went well. The dry cough thing is normal as the others have said

Get in lots of water
Rest and all will be well

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Catw
on 5/2/12 11:41 pm - Arnprior, Canada
It's normal, from the intubation, and you could still be trying to get rid of the anesthetic (sp?).  I know I coughed a lot for a few days, my pillow my friend....

Just sip sip sip sip sip.  Keep hydrated, it's really important.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 5/3/12 12:18 am - Mississauga, Canada
I agree with Tracey, it could be from the intubation and also from the NG tube, if you had one.  It made my throat very sore and irritated.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

barbniko
on 5/3/12 12:37 am
Thanks everyone that eases my mind, no only if this blotting goes away I will be great... Thank goodness for the forms I would be lost with out all of you!!!
Karen M.
on 5/3/12 12:40 am - Mississauga, Canada
I found the best way to ease the bloating and gas was to walk - even just around the house - as much as I could, and sip sip sip the water.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active