Am I Crazy ?

craig35
on 5/5/12 11:49 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/29/12
 I would really like to no if anyone could plese tell me what is the normal blood sugar level in canada for a non-diabetic, i have been arguing with these doctors about it, before sugery i was told i had reactive hypoglucemia at 34 i had RNY sugery at 37, 7 days after my birthday. they said its basically insulin resistance which would lead to type 2 diabetes both my mother and grandfather develped this diease. so at day 2 in the hospital after surgery i was getting lows 3.8 , 3.9 they said not to worry yournot eatting much and body's just readjusting, so i go home and keep testing my blood sugars and every moring my reading is 3.7 i have gotten as low as 3.3 when i wake up my body aches i told this to family doctor and and they said my blood sugar readins are normal, they did my a1c 3.9 my fsting insulin 98 before surgery my fasting insulin was 330, anyway i was still determined i called my gastric bypass nurse and explained and NUT they both said its normal readings , WTF lol i called back my family care pyhsician ask the to see the endocronologist they said she wont she me unless i have a documented 3.0 other than that theres nothing she can do for me, lol i went to the ER cause i felt weak they gave me some fluids but my blood work came back fine and didnt show any dyhdration so i thought i ask the ER doctor what she thought about my blood sugars she said there normal in canada the rule is anything above 3.0 is normal , REALLY can anyone verify please, lol
and yes i have told these peolpe i feel shaky and irrated and weak same as i felt before surgery when i was going low but i guess they dont care.... 
Gwen Boldick
on 5/6/12 12:16 am - Canada
 everyone is different but i was told between 3 and 5 is normal....i have been a diabetic for over 25 years....i was taking the pills and after i had surgery 9 months ago i havent taken any pills......
Diminishing Dawn
on 5/6/12 12:16 am - Windsor, Canada
 It's typically 4-6 or 4-7

http://www.diabetescareguide.com/en/monitoring.html

http://www.diabetes.ca/files/for-professionals/hypoglycemia-tool-kidney-disease.pdf    

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

craig35
on 5/6/12 1:01 am - Canada
RNY on 03/29/12
 okay well it could be a combo of both ? i haven't been eatting much my surgerys been over a month and for the last  week  i can hardly get anything down with out throwing up i havent eattin anything since i count on one had things i have eatten but my appointment with doctor reed is this wensday i feel weak and at night most of the time i feel short of breath the nurse said he may want to do a scope to see if its healing right and not causing me to throw up. so that can be contributing to my low blood sugars , i was told last start soft food , i tried eggs they didnt make me throw up just felt unconfortable, premuim protien shake was able to drink for the first 2 days now they are amking me throw up, tried beans  sat well first 3 times now i throw up, tred tuna in water throw up, salmon, throw up, yougart throw up, i can keep mash patatoes down but carb no protien , lol i even tried chili from timmies and wendays not good i was told try tuna chicken, turkey but nothing i agreeing with me nurse said its okay its common i may also have scare tissue blocking but the doctor will determine that
Diminishing Dawn
on 5/6/12 1:57 am - Windsor, Canada
 It sure sounds like a stricture.   If you are not eating, it is only normal that your sugars are low.  Food makes sugars go up.   A little diluted juice may help - like 1/4 of a cup.

Solving your food issue should help resolve your blood sugars.
Make sure to keep on track of your hydration levels.
Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

craig35
on 5/6/12 2:17 am - Canada
RNY on 03/29/12
thank you dawn , its very comforting to know that there is people online such as yourself, on a brighter side i weighed 281 day of surgery i weigh one month after 238
Vi-Vi
on 5/6/12 4:01 am
VSG on 12/13/12
 Sorry to hear your not keeping food down.  Sure hope you feel better soon and get more energy!  On the bright side, congrats on the weight loss!
Karen W.
on 5/6/12 5:42 am - Canada
Hi Craig.  I would definitely let your WLS team know that you are throwing up everything you eat.  If you have a stricture or something else going on, you'll want to get it taken care of asap.  If you have any nausea, pain or fever, let them know exactly what's going on.

I'm sorry you're still feeling so crappy.  Hopefully it was get sorted out soon.  Take care of yourself the best you can!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Most Active
Recent Topics