When can I add fresh fruit, etc.

northernlight
on 5/25/12 11:00 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi all,

Just curious - I am now 2 weeks out & starting on Pureed foods & am looking forward to adding tuna, eggs, etc., in small amounts. It made me start wondering when it's okay to add things like sliced cucumbers, sliced fresh tomatoes and things like fresh peaches & pineapple? I'm assuming that I can't do this until after I'm through with my two weeks on Pureed foods - am I right?  With this hot weather, I can't wait til I can have these things again along with some veggie kabobs brushed with olive oil & fresh herbs on the grill - mmmmmm.
Just don't want to jump the gun too soon & make my sleeve ticked off at me.

Deb

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/12 11:19 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 04/24/12
I am out of HRRH and I am a month post-op, I had my one month post-op appt last Tuesday where the Nuts said that we should start off with canned fruit packed in water than once your pouch can handle that you can move on to fresh fruits and they said with veggies you start with cooked than steamed and if your pouch keeps that down than fresh veggies but I would suggest you wait until your one month post op appt before adding any solids into your diet or speak with the nuts at your clinic too get their advice. I did how ever enjoyed pureed peaches and pears as well as broccoli
Leanne1
on 5/25/12 11:43 am - Newmarket, Canada
You went thru TWH, right??

Refer back to your handouts that Katie, Lorraine or Mary gave you. It tells you the menus and has measurements and foods to eat and when you can introduce them.
Brenda T.
on 5/25/12 10:10 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I believe it's week 5. I start the pureed on monday and looking forward to more varity.

Let me know how you like the new food.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Most Active
Recent Topics