NSV's my update at just over 3 months

Susan B.
on 5/27/12 1:57 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Hi All,

I don't post often but I read every day!  This forum is amazing wonderful and sooo friggin helpful!! 

I had my surgery on Feb 17-I am just over 3 months and I have gone from a very tight 26 to a 20!!

I have not been a 20 since I was in my 20's and that was 30 years ago!  I finally ran out of pants~shorts~Capri's~and skirts so off to shopping I went.

Pennington's had a surprise 50%off skirts shorts and pants yesterday-it was meant to be.  I found out I am a 20!!  I was so exited I tried everything in the store one.  I was there for hours! 

I am really excited to wear my new actually fitting wardrobe.  It is so strange to wear pants that actually fit-I don't have to keep pulling up and readjusting cause there is no huge muffin top or rolls that I am trying to hide under the tops.

I am still very happy about having wls, have no regrets whatsoever and would do it all again.

For those of you waiting and working through all the beginning stages it is worth the wait.  Grab on and take all the information to change your lifestyle.  The more you change before the easier it will be after.  This is not an easy journey, it does take hard work and dedication, however it is sooooo worth it.

Thanks for letting me post-thanks for being here.  I have to post and run cause I have a busy day planned.  Working on my garden then helping my son move tonight.  I can do all that in a day cause I have lost 77 lbs and its much easier moving around without that extra weight!

Cheers and enjoy the day!!!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Moselle
on 5/27/12 2:42 am - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on your success to date.

Shopping for smaller sizes is a wonderful feeling. I used to hate shopping. I remember many tearful experiences in the dressing room of plus size stores when even the largest size was tight and looked terrible. Enjoy your success but you may want to shop at VV as the clothes that you are buying will only fit for a few weeks and you'll need to buy smaller ones before you hardly get a chance to wear them!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Leafsfan1982
on 5/27/12 2:45 am - Canada
hey,

What surgeon did u have..where was the surgery?
the44plan
on 5/27/12 5:44 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
Thanks for the positive words!  You should be proud. :)
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

Susan B.
on 5/27/12 9:49 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
My surgery was at TWH and I had Dr Penner.  I have tried VV however I am really picky-I know many things will not fit for long-this is the first real buy I have done as I kept my smaller clothes.  Pretty much everything I bought has drawstrings so I will be able to wear them all summer.  I did not have any stalls until recently.

I would try on pants at the start of the week-they would be too small by the end of the week they fit by the following week too big.  However of late my weight loss has slowed down which I am good with.

With the slower weight loss my hot flashes have decreased a bit as well.  Thank Goodness!!!

Have a great week everyone~~Cheers!!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Most Active
Recent Topics