process appointments

michellealana
on 6/24/12 6:25 am
Does everyone have to get a scope, ultrasound and xrays before their procedure? Just reading some peoples signatures and wondered as some have it mentioned and others do not.
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/12 6:32 am - Guelph, Canada
 I didnt have a scope 

I think everyone has to have an abdominal ultrasound. This is to check the size of your liver and the condition of your other organs in the area...stomach spleen ect...

The x-ray is to look for erosions in your esophagus and stomach (aka an ulcer)

It was these tests that I found out I had a mild case of GERD and not only did I have an enlarged liver but an enlarged spleen too 
hobbithands
on 6/24/12 6:37 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I am through HRRH, and I had to have none of those things.

gidgetmolly
on 6/24/12 6:49 am - Canada
 I went through HRRH and I had to have a chest xray, but that was because I had lived in an area with known cases of TB in the last 5 years, anything I ever do in the hospital they want a chest xray to look for evil tuberculi, its always negative, but you can never be to careful, I did have to have a sleep study, but that was it really.  I think it depends on your other health issues, if you have GERD they will probably do a scope or abdominal pain they will do an ultrasound, its to look for hernias and stuff
Laurie C.
on 6/24/12 7:06 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada
all I had to have was chest xray and a stress test (due to the magical over 50 age group)

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

Leslie W.
on 6/24/12 11:57 am - Cobourg, Canada
I think it depends on which site you are going through and your medical history. I went through TWH and the only thing I had done was my pre-op blood work and EKG (already on CPAP so did not need sleep study)

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
cutekatie
on 6/24/12 12:09 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
I went through Ottawa and had nothing except my pre admission testing which was just blood tests.

No chest xray, sleep study, scope, stress test.. nothing!

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active
Recent Topics