Skinny cow ice cream

coppertop84
on 7/18/12 1:14 am - Canada
 Has anyone tried it? It's low in calories and fat but has 26g of sugar. I'm scared to try it so I thought I'd ask here first :) any other suggestions for a wee treat that your pouch doesn't hate you for? 

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/18/12 1:32 am, edited 7/18/12 1:33 am

I'm almost two years out from RNY and that's way too much sugar for me.
My advice is don't try it. If you really like it you will eat it more often.

I like these fruit bars. they are really good.
No Sugar Added Mixed Berry/ Orange Bars

Blu-Diva
on 7/18/12 11:22 am, edited 7/18/12 11:22 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Are the real fruit available at the supermarket of stores like low carb ? I hope this question does not sound dumb.
Thank in advance.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/19/12 9:14 am
Nope pretty normal question

I found them at Walmart...I was just thinking it says no sugar but if it's fruit it has to have sugar even natural sugar.?

I'm assuming they are prob. available at most stores.

Blu-Diva
on 7/20/12 12:05 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 Thanks a bunch.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

birdiegirl
on 7/18/12 1:34 am

Hi Coppertop

I will occasionally eat a skinny cow bar at 3 + years post op......I would NEVER eat one the first 18 months or so...

Too much sugar....too many calories....too much emptiness....PLUS...you only have room for so much in your pouch early post op....please fill it with protein calories

I know something nice and cold is great - especially in the summer.....try a popsicle brand for 40 calories....(though their carbs are considerable so only on occasion)...or freeze your own crystal light in popsicle containers ( bed bath and beyond and homesense usually carry them)

Maximize your weight loss the first 6 months - 18 months......I found I lost the most the first 9 months but it took dedication to little carbs - high protein - lots of water etc.....boring but I got used to it....and it paid  off by losing the bulk of my weight in that time frame...

So - to repeat - if you crave an icy treat....go for one with little carbs, sugar and calories....they exist or you can make your own

Good luck

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/18/12 1:45 am - Windsor, Canada
I highly suggest that you find alternate snacks for your first year....especially for your triggers.  Get to goal first then worry about the treats.  You have power over food right now - use that power wisely. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

SandpaperSandy
on 7/18/12 2:03 am - Kitchener, Canada
look at DQ orange bars, or a yoguart bar frozen treat (Selection brand - Food Basics) or do the frozen banana ice cream treat.

Truly, I am in love with the banana "ice cream" and only ever indulge in a processed treat once in a while and I am 18 months out.
Mary A.
on 7/18/12 2:15 am
like with all things you need to read the label, sugar or sugar alcohols are a trigger for dumping for some, but not for others..so it's always best to do your label reading

There are a few low carb and low sugar choices..see the nutritional statistics provided by Skinny Cow...to help you in your search prior to heading to the grocery store..

http://caloriecount.about.com/skinny-cow-nutrition-m1203

(one of my favourute TREATS)

No Sugar Added Fudge Bar nutrition data at Calorie CountZoom

Calories in No Sugar Added Fudge Bar

Manufactured by The Skinny Cow

Free calorie and nutrition data information for No Sugar Added Fudge Bar.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 serving ( g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10.0g 15%
Saturated Fat 5.0g 25%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 40mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 9.0g 3%
Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20%
Protein 5.0g

Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 0%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 serving ( g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10.0g 15%
Saturated Fat 5.0g 25%
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 40mg 2%
Total Carbohydrates 9.0g 3%
Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20%
Protein 5.0g

Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 0%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Anewme12
on 7/18/12 6:46 am - Canada
Not too sure if you like to cook, but if you check out a website called "eggface" she has some pretty yummy recipes for protein ice cream.
Most Active
Recent Topics