PEEEEANUT PEANUT BUTTER.... (no jelly)

coppertop84
on 8/9/12 1:24 pm - Canada
 So I've heard people talk about PB2 or natural peanut butter. In my package from guelph it says to have natural pb. So I went to Zehrs to look for these things. I looked in the reg pb section and the health food section and i found that all the light and natural pb's have the same nutritional info as the kraft light one (not natural) that I have currently in my cupboard. Am I missing something? If you eat pb what kind do you eat?? 

NorthernStar
on 8/9/12 2:09 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
I eat PC Organic natural peanut butter. It's delicious!! It's high in fat, but it's a healthy fat and I only eat a bit. I think it's way better than non-natural peanut better and you can't beat the ingredient list (just peanuts!). I love it and have it about every other day. It feels good to incorporate some healthy fats in because I have been eating so little (my hair and skin are really getting dry).

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/9/12 2:59 pm - Windsor, Canada
 Kraft has one with a green too.  We've always bought that one.  There's also one that has a brown too which is their version of all natural.  The green top has less calories and fat it more carbs then the brown one.   She's probably referring to the brown top one.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

smiley_k
on 8/9/12 3:45 pm
I really like PB2. I don't think you will find it in a regular grocery store though... it's a specialty product as it is the resulting peanut powder (or flour) that is produced after the peanut is pressed in the process of making peanut oil. PB2 is a brand of peanut flour but there are others available (I personally like PB2 and have tasted both generic and PB2 varieties). This is a good choice because it's higher in protein, but lower in calories and fat than any other brand of peanut butter. I reconstitute mine to make peanut butter with different flavours of DaVinci sugar free syrup (I really like it with white chocolate syrup) and use it in baking and in making my morning protein shakes. They also sell a chocolate version, but I just buy the regular and add in a bit of cocoa powder myself because that's all they do... 

If I eat regualr PB, I use the light PB from Kraft.

Here's the link to buy PB2 online if you are interested http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/catalog/advanced_search_res ult.php?keywords=PB2&x=0&y=0 This site has really fast shipping and they also have satelite stores at some Nutrition Houses so you might be able to stop in at one of the locations and get it.

Hope this helps a bit!
Katie  ♥     

SandpaperSandy
on 8/9/12 4:49 pm - Kitchener, Canada
for the small amount I eat every now and again, I go for the regular PB - whipped, crunchy, lite, or natural - it is all the same for me.

1 tsp on toast every couple of weeks- not worth investing in something differenet than what the family eats
GD6
on 8/9/12 5:01 pm - Hamilton, Canada
I love the natural smooth from the Bulk Barn, it's just roasted peanuts (nothing else.)
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

ShallowGirl
on 8/9/12 10:13 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
You want a peanut butter with ONLY peanuts.

The "lights" have more sugar (since sugar has less calories than fat) and the ordinary ones have shortening that is cheaper than the peanuts. Ie, they are only a certain % peanuts vs 100% peanuts.

Hope that helps.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Ottawa34
on 8/10/12 10:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
I've tried the all natural brown top PB from Kraft, it's not bad i find it taste like the light PB, I just find the oil build up unattractive and having to keep in the fridge all the time annoying lol

I eat the light Kraft PB all the time and have no issues with it.

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

pinkjellybean
on 8/10/12 1:39 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
Mmmm nothing to add except peanut butter makes my mouth drool! Ha!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Most Active
Recent Topics