WHO IS DR.TAN?

Jo-Anna B.
on 8/17/12 8:40 am
who is dr.tan? they added him on with hagen and others. anyone ever hear of him or have him? he any good? thanks

APPLIED TO OHIP FOR PANNI ON NOV 20/09.    
APPROVED FOR PANNI ON JAN 15/10. 
PANNI SURGERY ON MAY 03/10.

STARTING WEIGHT:270. LOWEST WEIGHT:143  APPLIED TO OHIP FOR  BILATERAL BREAST REDUCTION ON: OCT 19/11.                              BILATERAL BREAST REDUTION: OCT 22,2012.
  LAPAROSCOPY/PETERSON'S HERNIA:AUG 31,2012. 
   (  SUFFERED FOR SIX MONTHS,I SHOULD OF DIED )                 
Karen M.
on 8/17/12 10:49 am - Mississauga, Canada
No clue, wasn't aware.  Why does this interest you?

Nice you see you posting Jo-Anna. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Cuter_w_Curves
on 8/17/12 10:54 am - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13
Um... Is this at HRRH? There is a Dr in the Department of Anesthesia with the last name Tan. Did they include initials?

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

Jo-Anna B.
on 8/18/12 7:56 am
all i was told is that dr.hagen is not avail..no explaination why or anything and that a dr.tan was doing the surgery and he is new and now part of the team......

STARTING WEIGHT:270. LOWEST WEIGHT:143  APPLIED TO OHIP FOR  BILATERAL BREAST REDUCTION ON: OCT 19/11.                              BILATERAL BREAST REDUTION: OCT 22,2012.
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/17/12 12:54 pm - Windsor, Canada
 Just go to misgroup.ca.   Info there

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

DonnaB1952
on 8/17/12 3:24 pm - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
I had surgery January 18, 2012 at HRRH  and Dr Tan was a surgeon who was working there assisting the MIS group of surgeons. He was actually in surgery with Dr Huynh my primary surgeon. There were two others: Dr. Chang & a female doctor, I cannot remember her name... also assisting with follow-ups each day various shifts at the hospital while I was there. They were in addition of course to Dr Glazer and Dr Huynh. Certainly no lack of doctors monitoring me... all were very nice and thorough.

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

Jo-Anna B.
on 8/17/12 7:06 pm, edited 8/17/12 8:11 pm
ty. i am having surgery. dr.hagen was suppose to do it. i am not going to say anything negative here. just that dr.hagen is not doing it anymore and dr.tan is.i have never met him.i dont know if i can trust,.him.i mean someone cutting you open and being a bariatric patient,you need to trust the surgeon.i will not meet sr.tan until the moment i have surgery. i have been suffering for going on six months and dro.hagen has not cared and not done nothing but send me on a wild goose chase,! he gets his secratery to tell me he is not available.no explanation as to why he cant do the surgery. ...

Jo-Anna B.
on 8/17/12 7:08 pm, edited 8/17/12 8:10 pm
i'd like to know how he can do a surgery alone...on his own and not even know me and my history...and how dr.hagen could allow him.
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/12 7:26 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Jo-Anna if you check him out on misgroup he does other surgeries besides bariatrics so that is why he can do surgery alone. He is already a surgeon who is obviously just learning bariatrics.  If you look on the cpso website he has been a surgeon for a few years now. Surgeons often don't meet their patients until just before the OR, they review the file before and they ask you questions before you go in.  I have had a few surgeries over the years where I didn't meet the surgeon until just before.  Have faith in him or ask to be referred to another surgeon if you don't feel comfortable with him. Unless your procedure has anything to do with your RNY, you don' t have to go back to HRRH.
Jo-Anna B.
on 8/17/12 7:44 pm, edited 8/17/12 8:13 pm
TY,TRACEY... ....it's not major surgery...they will open me up to check something out.this has been going on for going on six months now.im lucky to be alive still.
Most Active
Recent Topics