Felt like a heart attack!

tango123
on 10/18/12 3:52 am
I was rushed to the hospital from work for possible heart attack (ironically 911 dispatcher has to call 911 for an ambulance).Turns out I was having a massive Gall bladder attack. My liver enzymes were off and they don't think it is related to the gall bladder.
I requested to go to St Mikes as that was were my surgery was, and Dr G will be taking out my gall bladder. The nurses and my Emerg Dr were fantastic, even if the Dr looked to be 12 and oh so very cute! When you are dopped on morphine one can be silly about cute medical staff, lol.
That being said it was the most excrutiating pain I  have ever felt. I have had 3 kids and this topped it!
I thought I dodged the gall bladder side effect but apparently not. Boooo
Heres to more surgery and more scares...oh joy!
I am thankful however that it was not a heart attack!

truckingbride
on 10/18/12 4:08 am - Harriston , Canada
Poor you it is very painful isnt it.
Glad you didnt have a MI yes for sure.

dna
on 10/18/12 5:06 am - Canada
We joke all the time at work about having to call 911 . From the 911 centre.  Not so funny when it happens though :( 

SO sorry you are going through this.  This is one of my fears.  I had asked that my gallbladder be taken out when I had my GBS and Dr G decided not to.  UGH.  Now I worry about this all the time :( 

I hope you have an uneventful surgery and quick recovery.

:)
Amy
Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Marls
on 10/18/12 5:08 am - Canada
Oh know!! I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Good luck and please keep us posted!!

Best

Marla
wants2Bfitagain
on 10/18/12 5:10 am
I have had 3 big boys and agree this attack is worse than child birth, glad to hear you are better and its going to be taken out no more attacks

Referral-April 20th  Orientation- June 12th Windsor
NP- July 23, Nut Class Aug 7th SW Aug 9th DR Aug 14th
2nd NUT & SW Sept 27th
Surgery Nov 6th Dr. Hagen HRRH

Laura H.
on 10/18/12 7:17 am - Canada
Hi, I tried to message you but I can't.  Thank you for the lovely card.  I wish I could tell you that we are rich but alas.....  LOL!  It was very thoughtful.

Laura H.

Lorieliz
on 10/18/12 5:10 am - Canada
Been there, done that. I got my husband to drive me to the hospital. Half way there I was in such agony that I thought I was dying. Made him pull over and call the ambulance

I never ever felt so good as when the painkillers and that little pink drink kicked in. Didn't each anything even remotely threatening for months until I had the surgery.

Gall bladder is now gone and good riddance.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/12 5:27 am - Canada
Talking about young Doctors ....
When I had my Gall Bladder removed my ER Doctor was non other than our old paper boy (now Dr. Jeff Perry)  he was a cuttie back when he was 12 .... It was just crazy    LOL    
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/12 7:00 am - Straford, Canada
 Well ladies, I am SO glad to hear you compare the pain to being WORSE than childbirth, as several of my friends keep saying "you guys have no idea and can't"...  but wait!  I can top them!  YEHAW!   Thanks!  

So glad you didn't have an MI!  They are no fun whatsoever!  

At least you had time to heal from your rny before Dr G made another installment on his cottage!   I had mine out 2 weeks after my rny, not enough time to heal before the new slices!  

I hope you have some grand pain killers on board and heal quickly! Dr G is the best!  
tango123
on 10/18/12 10:17 am
Thanks all...Yes Radiogirl also had hers removed shortly after her rny and said it was a more painfull surgery :(
LMAO as per his cottage payment, ya know, I was disppointed in him. On my 1 year I booked specifically with him to thank him in person for changing my life and he left the hospital 5 mins before my appt and had his interns see me. Thanks alot!

Most Active
Recent Topics