Anyone go thru the Kingston regional baritric centre and not be assigned to Ottawa?

Armyguy1976
on 12/2/12 11:18 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13

Morning all,

Once again i turn to community to ask a quick question on what happens post orientation session. I've made the descion to have DS over RNY and I'm told if I'm assigned to Ottawa they won't even consider it.

Any tips on how to get assigned to St Joes?  The military will be funding my surgery and not OHIP but they referred me to the centre as there unequipped to carry out the surgery in house. They are going to let the centre make the reccomdations on what procedure to have and then give me the option to seek a second option for DS from either St Joe's or my preferred route Dr Gagner in Montreal . I'm wondering if the patient has any say as to what hospital and procedure they would like.

This is a life changing surgery and I just want to have as much control over the process as possible as it's me that will be living with the effects post op.

Please excuse the typo's as i'm writing this on my cell phone.

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

mona8
on 12/3/12 7:43 am - Kingston, Canada

I'm going through Kingston now but started with Ottawa.  I've been told that Kingston can refer to HRRH and the Civic for surgery, I've requested HRRH.   Those were the only 2 options that were given to me so I don't know what the " rules " are.  If you call the Bariatric service and speak with the NP I'm sure that she could let you know where they are able to refer.

Arlio1207
on 12/3/12 8:09 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

I am going through Kingston and have requested Toronto. They will accommodate your request for Toronto without question. Kingston seems great so far, and after orientation, I saw the nurse, dietician, and psych less than 2 weeks later. bloodwork was also done. They seem to be moving quite quickly. I do have to go back Jan 4th, but I need an ultrasound and throat scope also, and the ultrasound has been booked for Jan 9th. They say 6 months from orientation to surgery. Sounds promising, the info session is nice and the staff are great. Good luck. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

cberth
on 12/3/12 12:34 pm - Canada

seeing that humber is about a 2 year less wait id think its at least a quicker option.. not sure the surgery is better though

Most Active
Recent Topics