false teeth? what to expect?

on-my-way-2-new-me
on 1/13/13 11:07 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/04/13

I would like to thank everyone first of all that post it has been a great learning experience from just reading the posts, but i have one question that it seems no one has answered and my surgery is scheduled for March 4th and I can't wait but nervous.  I am in my forties and have false teeth and pretty vain about them hate taking them out, with that being said how will they fit after surgery anyone else have false teeth?

Monica M.
on 1/14/13 12:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

the fit of your teeth may change after significant weight loss. talk to your denturist about it, they can advise you on strategies to deal with it.

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/13 12:45 am - Straford, Canada

I have six crowns in my front teeth that I had to get a special mouth guard that the gass passer said he would remove the mouth guard if it gave him the slightest of problems.  I was told the mouth guard was left in but the nurse and resident thought that was so but couldn't say for sure.  If I could have taken the crowns out I would have to protect them from the tubing.  If you can easily remove them imo you should, just make sure the paparazzi can't get a good shot of you.  kiss

Nanato2
on 1/14/13 2:34 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Good question I never thought of this.

I do know during surgery they will have to be removed but once you wake up you can put them back in but as for weight lose I thingk they will need to be adjusted guess I will have to talk to my denturist about this.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

mermaidz
on 1/14/13 2:49 am - Brampton, Canada

I get the vanity part. You can't have them in when you head to the OR but you can get them back afterwards.

It will take some time for your mouth to physically change due to the weight loss but when the time comes, as everyone has suggested, go see your dentist

Perhaps he can do a soft plate so they fit better when it's time\

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Most Active
Recent Topics