how do I delete a post ?

katzmeow13
on 1/14/13 10:07 pm

You had complications post surgery, and it was a tough time... don't be ashamed about expressing yourself. Letting it out so it doesn't eat away at you is the best thing. For many of us, bottling up our emotions and then literally eating them it what caused a lot of our weight issues to begin with.

It's also important for everyone pre-op to realize that as much as we hope everything will be text-book perfect... it isn't always the case.

The main thing is, it was not the best for you waking up and dealing with everything as it came, but you made it through and now you've started your journey towards healing.

Yesterday someone blurted out to me that she had the surgery and wishes she never had... I'm two days away from surgery and she didn't scare me away... but I was put off because she didn't really explain anything, doesn't really know me, and I think she could have approached it a different way.

You simply needed to vent your frustrations, be validated and heard so you can process it and move on. We come on this site expecting good and bad.

Strangely, it's kind of like when I have pregnant clients *****ally want a natural childbirth... and in the end for their health and their baby they need a c-section. there is a disappointment that things didn't go the way they wanted, but in the end they have a beautiful baby... you still have your tool the process was just more difficult that with some others.

stay strong... sip sip... walk walk :)

HW:282      pre-opti W: 268       CW: 172.       SW:255.5

Surgery: RNY   Jan. 17, 2013   Dr Raiche   OTTAWA

kellybelly333
on 1/14/13 10:50 pm - Toronto, Canada

I'm glad you're keeping it up. Posts like that one were helpful to me to know things that could happen. I felt prepared and yet there were still things that happened when i had my surgery, that rarely happens to anyone. When I was in surgery the staple gun misfired and went through my colon. They ended up removing an extra six inches of colon. My surgery was an hour longer because of it, and my family was worried sick. But in the end, we have lots of colon, and it just took a bit more time.

Afterwards, and even  with going to orientation and paying attention in orientation when they said to make sure everything they give you is sugar-free...I still ended up eating full sugar jello and dumping ( I didn't dump again until 9 months out). I was hopped up on morphine and was just trying to get food into me. Dumping in the hospital is not fun I exploded and my heart rate was crazy that they couldn't figure me out.

My CBC was low and one doctor didn't want to release me, but the other did. So I went home. I almost stayed like you. I was glad to go home, but wonder if I should have stayed for observation, instead of just freeing up the bed.

Take care of yourself. Take your iron too, sounds like you'll need it.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

seebs
on 1/15/13 4:07 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13
Wow if that isn't a scary experience I don't know what is !! I appreciate your kind words and thank everyone on here it's honestly making my self cope and stop over analyzing !! Anyway thank you so much for your kind words xoxo

seebs        

Most Active
Recent Topics