Endoscopy this Friday in Brockville, what should I expect.

Armyguy1976
on 2/19/13 12:06 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 09/10/13

Thankfully this is the last of the tests ordered pre surgery, I'm worried about this procedure though I have a terrible gag reflex, my dentist says it's legendary!.

They asked me to take my CPAP machine so is it safe to say they will be putting me under?

Cheers

Kb

Referal Feb 2011, Orientation Dec 5 2012, Nurse Prac Jan 8th 2013, Dietitian Jan 9th 2013, Social worker Jan 10th 2013, Ultra sound Jan 20th 2013, CT scan Feb 4th 2013, Scope Feb 5th 2013 .... Surgeons apoint June 12 2013, Pre Op Class June 26 2013, PATTS Aug 20 2013, RNY surgery Sept 10th 2013

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/13 12:18 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You can have it with or without sedation.  I always opt not to have any as it literally take less than 5 mins to do.  I just want it over with and then I get the hell out of there.  Since they told you to bring your cpap, I'm guessing they are knocking you out.

sam1am
on 2/19/13 12:21 am

I have a huge gag reflex too and never was put under for an endoscopy.  I will NOT do it again without being put under.

Good luck!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/13 12:22 am - Kitchener, Canada

I have had a few done and been knocked out for all. The only problem I can say from the test is, I had a sore throat for a few hours afterwards. They spray your throat with a numbing liquid. And yes, I gag everytime and almost threw up on the girl once..haha.

Nothing to worry about tho. Its super easy and takes no time at all to do. 

Michelle

Arlio1207
on 2/19/13 1:24 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

You should expect a free trip..........LOL I was given propofol..... (The Michael Jackson drug), Was out cold. I too was worried about gagging. I have heard some ppl are awake, but generally, I think you are expected to "not remember a thing". I told them I was scared, they said no worries, it fri you are getting the good stuff. And the good stuff I had. The procedure only takes 4 mins. I know some folks had nothing by choice and say it was "uncomfortable". But for me, I was out. Hope all goes well.

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

1greeneyedgirl
on 2/19/13 8:45 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi, I recently had to have the scope so my surgeon could see how my lap band was, as I'm thinking of a revision now.

But, I was amazed how quick and painless it was.  They did put me to sleep, very light sleep but I don't even remember anything about it.  Next thing I opened my eyes and it was over.

Just a bit of a sore throat afterwards.  Good Luck

Cathy xo enlightened

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics