Sugar Free Candy

Cindyloowho
on 2/20/13 11:25 pm - London, Canada

I was wondering if anyone knows or suggest some sugar free candies.  I work in the public and I chew gum as I am very self conscious about my breath, I start Opti tomorrow and I was out looking around for some candy's that I can have that doesn't have sugar and has no or very very low calories as they say that I shouldn't have any extra calories on Opti .  I am trying to get used to it for after also when I can't chew gum.

Thanks

Cindy

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

Goal Weight - 145  Surgery Weight - 228  Current Weight - 132

lisxav
on 2/20/13 11:29 pm - Canada

sorbee's found at the bulk barn

Gizzys
on 2/20/13 11:31 pm - Canada

Russell Stover brand has some sugar free candies and chocolates and you can find them in almost any grocery store.  I have also found bulk sugar free candies is certain health food stores and grocery stores (Save-On) that have bulk dry foods. But be aware that 'sugar-free candies' are loaded with sugar alcohols that can cause dumping or horrendous gas for some people.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

Hanneli xoxo
on 2/20/13 11:39 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

they also have Crustal Light SF candies at Walmart.. I think I saw them hanging at the end of an aisle in the pharmacy ... if not there, where the candies and gum and chocolate are possibly

Nanato2
on 2/20/13 11:39 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Is candy on your list of items that you can have during Opti. During Opti you should try and stick to what your centre has advised you that you should eat.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/13 12:08 am - Straford, Canada

Highly recommend you rethink your train of thought on candies as breath improvement devices.  Its just my opinion but the less sugar and sugar substitutes you can take in the better, pre and post WLS.  I would recommend keeping a tiny bottle of mouthwash handy and a toothbrush with toothpaste and dental floss.  You can still be in the public eye and have excellent oral hygeine (which using gum and candies does not do).  Again, just my opinion. 

KristieA
on 2/21/13 1:41 am - Orillia, Canada
I had nasty 'Opti-Breath' and know what you mean by being self concious. I was lucky and Giant Tiger had sugar free Breath Savers on sale for .50 per roll.

The calories were not too bad. Bulk Barn has a selection too of the Sorbee candies.

Best of luck on your journey,
Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Cindyloowho
on 2/21/13 2:10 am - London, Canada

Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking for like sugar free mints or something like that not "candy" to chew or anything just to suck on if needed.  I have the toothbrush and that already here but when we get busy sometimes and there is no time to go to the washroom to do it and if it gets nasty and can't get there I want just a little something especially when the ketosis happens.  I also thought of those breath strips after I posted.  I should have just waited till I thought about it more before posting.

Thanks for your replies.

Cindy

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

Goal Weight - 145  Surgery Weight - 228  Current Weight - 132

jewel-twin
on 2/21/13 4:32 am - Canada
I just brushed my teeth often on opti!

Family Dr. 06/05/2012    Referral Received 06/28/2012 Orientation 08/01/2012   NP 08/27/2012
SW 08/28/2012              Nut Class 08/27/2012
NUT 10/01/2012              PS 10/01/2012
Surgeon Dr. Cyriac 12/07/2012  **SURGERY  JAN 30, 2013**

fooh.png

Most Active
Recent Topics