4 year surgiversary

dana_jady
on 2/27/13 5:30 am - Canada

wow 4 years has gone by quickly and what a ride it has been. Started out at 316 and went down to 175 and bounce now between 180- 185. I am a certified fitness instructor and teach zumba twice a week. I truly believe that I am sucessful because of the fitness for me i was one of those people who had a gym membership but never used it. Then after the 7week waiting period after the surgery I went to the gym and did some classes and something just clicked I fell in love and have been workin hard at it ever since. I struggle with food  choices everyday and any one who has had rny knows that after time you can eat pretty close to anything so you have to keep yourself in check. To those who are on the begin of your journey good luck stay strong and find an activity that you enjoy!!!

Nanato2
on 2/27/13 5:42 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Happy Surgiversary glad to hear from the veterans on how they are doing.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

CanDoItFour
on 2/27/13 6:45 am - Canada

Well done!

At 2 years out, it's encouraging to hear that all continues to go well, and of course it's no surprise to me that the food struggle goes on.  As you say - the key is to stay vigilant with the food choices and for me the quantities.   

And how awesome about the fitness - I think THAT is tremendous.   I love the idea of someone, who faced the challenges of being 316, now leading a fitness class.  A wonderful achievement and in my view a dream come true - literally. 

May continued success be on the path in front of you.

Claire

HW 350   CW 141   Surgery Feb 2011

Artimesia
on 2/27/13 8:09 am - Toronto, Canada

happy, happy surgiversary!  congratulations, I also love the image of your now being a fitness instructor - great inspiration,

Sheila

Most Active
Recent Topics