Question from a Newb

Bellafeega
on 5/6/13 5:11 am - Toronto, Canada

Hey :)

I'm new to board. I have been reading and reading but the information i'm looking for doesn't seem to be poking out at me.

So I was wondering how one would go about finding out of there referral from the dr had been received and who you'd call or contact to find out?

Thanks so Much

K

Nanato2
on 5/6/13 6:06 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

Contact the registry to see if they received it.

http://www.bariatricregistry.ca

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Bellafeega
on 5/6/13 6:24 am - Toronto, Canada

Thank you very much:)

newpossibilities
on 5/6/13 12:22 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 11/19/13
I sent an email to the address on the site and they responded within 24 hrs. The first time they advised it wasn't received and a 2nd time to confirm they had my referral.

Referral Mar 1, 2013 Orientation Apr 17, NP May 2, SW May 6, Nut May 6, Dietitian June 6, Psych June 18, meet surgeon July 5, PATTS Oct 8, Surgery Nov 19th

Blu-Diva
on 5/6/13 9:23 pm - Hamilton, Canada

welcome and enjoy the ride

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Mary A.
on 5/6/13 11:49 pm

just a note..you have to be your OWN advocate there are often times, that paperwork becomes stalled or lost....just take it in stride and remember to treat all those that you come in contact with in this journey with the best attitude.

Three years ago at one of our local monthly support group meetings a woman had told us, that she was actually denied by the bariatric team...why..because simply she became demanding on knowing why it was taking so long..so I would (ASSUME) that she must have ended up with something on her records that identified her as such..in the end she was denied the surgery even though OHIP approved it.  I don;y know if she ended up at a different surgeon or not.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics